Code Name Blackcat

No explicit questions like "how do I hack xxx.com" please!
maboroshi
Dr. Mab
Dr. Mab

Code Name Blackcat

Post by maboroshi »

Greetings Everyone :)

Me (maboroshi) Pseudo Opcode and Bad Brain are going to be putting together a few wargames boxes which the objective will be to gain root access to the box and maintain it

How it will work

This will mostly be team based but the objective is you and/or your team will try/do whatever it takes to gain root access to either of the two systems. Once you have access it will be your job to keep it. How you do this will depend on you and your team.

You will replace the web site on the box and be given a script to run in order to be awarded points. Points will be awarded on an hourly or daily basis for however long you have control of the server.

The start date for this should be November 1st

So start organizing your teams and be prepared for the games (and the untimely death of one of my computers)

Rules will follow in New Posts etc

Cheers

Maboroshi

ilkjester
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by ilkjester »

Sounds fun I think ill just stick with myself though I havent really gotten to know anyone here on a personal level. Cant wait for it to start up but if anyone wants to take me under their belt while this is going on im willing to learn.

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

Hell yeah I am in.

I can be submissive and on a team if any one needs a coder/semi-rookie. I am cool working with any team that is not "damn snooty."

I am in, shoot me a PM if you want to crack this thing!!!

PEACE
₣£ΘΘĐĦΘŮŇĐ

pseudo_opcode
cyber messiah
cyber messiah

Post by pseudo_opcode »

guys!! dont underestimate yourself.. we will setup servers with some vulnerabilities so that you can hack them. We will give a chance to noobs as well, so once you hack it, you are on your own.. prevent it from others..

i think even n00bs should be a part of any team so that they can learn it actually. A first 'real' legal hacking opportunity. and if you need hints maybe we can give them if we are in good mood....lol

The member of the team which rules will be given special titles on suck-o, and ofcourse respect!!! :)

Everyone interested can post in this thread.. dont be scared if you know nothing.. you'll surely learn something.

sternbildchen

Post by sternbildchen »

Everyone interested can post in this thread.. dont be scared if you know nothing.. you'll surely learn something.
Never hacked anything but I would be happy to learn from someone. :)

If someone wants me i will surely take part in the game.

n3rd
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by n3rd »

I think it would also be best that

if a team succeeds in hacking the box that they should explain how they did it so that we all can learn from this.

ofcourse I think it would be up to them to patch it :P

pseudo_opcode
cyber messiah
cyber messiah

Post by pseudo_opcode »

since the objective of this game is learning.. the team will surely have to tell what it did to gain access.. that's the part of the rule.. well there are more rules. but we will tell them when the site it up.. we are working on it really hard to make it a perfect project!!

the registration and the game will start from november 1st.. till then you can form teams and prepare yourselves.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

first thanks to maboroshi and pseudo_opcode for setting up this great project... :D
I really like the teamwork-aspect, it's a great opportunity to tighten the community....I think many members havn't built a personal contact to others yet like ilkjester, so: form teams! :D

z3mwaz
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by z3mwaz »

this sounds great, just awsome.

i finally got the intro to CEH posted and i'm working on number 2 today,

so i'm in for sure.
“Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity.”

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

So far z3mwaz and I are forming a team. Might need a few more or at lest one more. This is going to be fun as hell. I can’t wait to try to crack the code.
Realistically work on it for hours and get nothing done.

Is this going to become the Super Bowl of computer hacking?

SUPER BOWL I

Do we need a team name?
₣£ΘΘĐĦΘŮŇĐ

pseudo_opcode
cyber messiah
cyber messiah

Post by pseudo_opcode »

Nice... yeah you need a team name and make sure it sounds lethal :D we are also working hard on the project, to make it as exciting for you as possible. And yeah there will be more than one ways to hack it.. initially the security will be almost nil. I wont even put the firewall.. so its will be easy to hack it initially. And yes we need more teams.

btw the official name of the project is menace-games
the domain willl be menace-games.com

Edit:Theres a change of plan.. and we have decided to keep things secret.So now you have to perform reconnaissance yourself. Best of luck to all.

Irvysan

Post by Irvysan »

Hi guys im pretty new to all this but im very interested to give it a go, if someone can pm me with more info

zigo
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by zigo »

:lol: :lol: sounds very nice justreading u guys i got exited 8) hehe lol i wud be more then happpy to join u guys pm me if u pick me :D lol

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

more nfo

Post by DNR »

how do you want to post the results of the scan. For safety's sake there has to be more information on the specific server. I located the domain, but it is on a web host..

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

the domain is just parked there until the real servers are up... :wink: