suck-o Mobile application

Questions about programming languages and debugging
scatter
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

suck-o Mobile application

Post by scatter »

Recently am working more on mobile applications and I thought about making a mobile app for suck-o users to let them know about pms and notifications of posts and replies and real time and ofc access suck-o website.Do you think it will be useful?

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Re: suck-o Mobile application

Post by bad_brain »

sure man, would be great, go for it! :D
in case you stumble over odd errors in context with connecting it to the site let me know, the security settings can be a little bitchy sometimes with new things... :wink:

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

security is the big issue.

besides allowing more devices to access the inside of the forum, MiTM can have another pathway to intercept the forum and messages. I guess I am not convinced that I can lock down my phone :?

Facebook is a threat on its own, but add a mobile phone, that might use public wifi to access its data is even worst. The mobile phone is designed to work in the background, to geolocate you, and it logs to your telco. Trying to use a device for privacy on suck-o, a device that is trying so hard to track and log you - does not make sense to me lol.

I know I use my phone to get email announcements about suck-o - but I do not log in with the phone to the site. I use my laptop to login, where I can use tools to monitor the connection.

The forum was built with the idea that our posts and messages will stay on suck-o and not be indexed or archived somewhere else. It is the last place on the internet where you actually have some privacy from 'the outside'.

I would not allow PMs to be read or sent via the mobile app, but perhaps you can have the App announce new posts (with limited abstract), new replies, etc. Instead of the email announcement - it can use the app instead?

The project certainly is fine to go ahead - just think of heavy security, hard privacy, and you got the suck-o mission of statement... 8)

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

scatter

Post by scatter »

well that makes it more challenging I will first make it as you said limited abstract but then try to encrypt the cnx between the website and the app I have no idea how because I did not start cryptography yet and I do not think I will be able to make sthg that can bypass high tech used by a gov or other company in intercepting cnx but at least I will give it a try , even if it won't be used sharing the code with you guys will help me alot by listening to your opinions :)

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

well, should be no problem (code-wise) to fetch the first 10 words only (for example) instead of the whole message or post, or maybe even making it adjustable by the end-user.... :-k
not the whole forum is blocked from being indexed btw, the Windows-, Linux- and parts of the tutorial-boards are open for crawlers, just to provide at least a bit of search engine presence...to even out our (especially mine) total laziness in context with doing some SEO... :lol:

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

Moved to coding (Why are you posting all of your stuff here?).
Please post in the right categories :)
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

scatter

Post by scatter »

heheh sorry cats but I didn't want to make a dissorder or anything so I had to put all in pending posts until verified by the staff first :)

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

scatter wrote:heheh sorry cats but I didn't want to make a dissorder or anything so I had to put all in pending posts until verified by the staff first :)
hehe alright.
But the pending section is for tutorials that you have written and nothing else.
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"