How to get gpu/cpu samples?

...let us know what you think, free speech!
reparto
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

How to get gpu/cpu samples?

Post by reparto »

I have a university domain email address and homepage, what are the chances of me being able to persuade AMD/nVidia/Intel in sending me high-samples? If the probability is reasonable (given i put in the effort to persuade them) then how would i go about this (i.e. who would I contact?)?

I have an assignment where I have to create a bunch of simulations and as an extension I am comparing openCL on a HD 7950 with 4 threads of a 3570k, i thought it might be possible to get more components to test by just asking nicely.

Note: I have already done the analysis needed to show that porting to openCL is worth it so I won't be going empty handed.
Selling invisible pets:
Dogs - 0.5 Bitcoins
Cats - 0.7 Bitcoins
Unicorns - 10 Bitcoins
Chimpanzee - 2 Bitcoins

PM me if you are interested, will ship via priority airmail, will accept escrow services

ayu
Staff
Staff

Re: How to get gpu/cpu samples?

Post by ayu »

hmm well, if they have some student program then I could understand if they did it.
But they need to make a profit out of it.

For example, teachers at universities often get free books, since the publishers want them to use them in their classes and promote them.
I doubt students would get free hardware just because they are stuying (it would not be very profitable for the hardware manufacturers).

But it doesn't hurt to try of course :)
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

reparto

Post by reparto »

If AMD had a student program they probably would have gone out of business since their consumer demographic is mainly students
Selling invisible pets:
Dogs - 0.5 Bitcoins
Cats - 0.7 Bitcoins
Unicorns - 10 Bitcoins
Chimpanzee - 2 Bitcoins

PM me if you are interested, will ship via priority airmail, will accept escrow services

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

well, yeah, you can always write them an email where you ask kindly for support, maybe you tell them you can do a video of your experiments and upload it (with a AMD banner in the background or something) to social media sites to give them a marketing factor in exchange.... :wink: