Russian Disinformation

Stumbled over a good link? Post it here... (the board is flushed regularly)
scatter
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Russian Disinformation

Post by scatter »

http://toinformistoinfluence.com/2014/0 ... formation/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Re: Russian Disinformation

Post by bad_brain »

kinda funny how people focus on RUSSIAN disinformation, while they are totally silent about the amount of disinformation from the other side.
just a few fun facts:

- have you heard anyone in the mainstream media talking about §7 of the "treaty of association between the EU and the Ukraine"? it's a part of the contract which actually started the whole trouble there...and it says there has to be a "cooperation on military level", which means: Ukraine becomes a NATO member, and this violates the "eastward enlargement contracts" between the NATO and Russia. so: the whole EU proposal to the Ukraine was illegal right from the start and violated valid contracts.

- "it was an annexation by Russia which violates international laws". wrong. it wasn't. international laws say the right of self-determination overrides the inviolability of existing borders, and the Krim referendum was labeled as 100% legal by international observers.
another manipulative disinformation in that context is "but Russian army was there"....this WAS illegal by the Russians, but they were not there to force people to vote (else the observers would have claimed the referendum invalid), the presence of the Russian army was only to keep the Ukrainian troops inside their barracks....else THEY would have blocked the referendum.

- also always keep an eye on the fine print: "pro-russian mob" (as often heard on the news)...heard about a "pro-european mob" too? no...those were of course "peaceful protesters" or "activists".

- watch how the media creates idols: best example is Vitali Klitschko, who was stylized as "the leader of the opposition", but only because people in the west know him. in reality nobody gives a crap about him, neither in Russia nor in the Ukraine, he is actually labeled as a joke there (and he really is..I mean..a boxer? wanna be president? lol).
so what the media does is to create a virtual reality which has nothing at all to do with the real occurrences or the real mindsets of the people on-site.

- "Putin is evil and he is a dictator". wrong. he surely made mistakes, but all the good things he did for the russian people of course stay unreported in the western media.
also the "Russian media is forced into line" pseudo-argument used by western media is not just wrong, it's actually a bad joke and highly sarcastic. the WESTERN media is forced into line, and what reporters are allowed to say on Russian TV news/shows (in context with criticizing Putin and the government) would get you fired here in the west if you would dare to say that about your own government, and maybe even locked up.

scatter

Re: Russian Disinformation

Post by scatter »

yup I know the dark magic the media is doing everyday and how they take advantage of the ignorance of some people but for my case I beleive if you want to understand sthg , you need to focus on all sides to know how the game is being played , knowing what is really happening, even people like u and me can't do anything in the scene of what is happening but its always good to be aware of what is happening , how and why it s happening and for that you must read between the lines and take what is true and take what is wrong too and use it to know its other truth side