Gox?

Infos, Mining, Trading
bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Re: Gox?

Post by bad_brain »

oh...thanks for the tip, wanted to buy some in the next days, now I might better wait a bit... 8) *thumb*

reparto_temp
On the way to fame!
On the way to fame!

Post by reparto_temp »

Its not really clear whats going to happen at this stage, according to the laws in Japan the bitcoins are assets of MtGox and so they will be auctioned off to the highest bidder (not clear as to whether this will be on an exchange).

There were also validated rumours that OKcoin (chinese exchange, ceo had coins in gox...) will buy up gox and that they are likely to return a portion of the coins with the remainder being credited to your exchange account.

IRC log:
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

if you are buying to spend then it doesn't matter when you buy but if its for keeps then it doesn't really matter either when bitcoins reach $10k

as a rule of thumb:buy bitcoins when china decides to ban them again

it seems the chinese gov is buying up bitcoins in the hope of being able get around using the dollar

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

For an update on this.
Yes this is STILL an on-going process.

I've gotten messages from time to time regarding the status of my coins (I've quite a lot stuck in this process still).
I have been selected to get my money back, but they haven't specified a time yet (This was last year I got this message).

For updates you can simply go to the MtGox website.
They post general updates a few times a year and sends out email to anyone involved.

https://www.mtgox.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"