Help required on Network Login.

For beginners, flames not allowed...(just by the staff :P)
DamnedViper

Help required on Network Login.

Post by DamnedViper »

Once i connect to a computer it asks for a user name and password. I enter a valid username and password , i log in to that computer. I close that window again i connect to that computer it straight aways logs me in. Is there a way i can clear this stored info. Also if i check the option remember my password , how can disable that ? A help is appreciated. Urgent!

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

depends on how the data is stored, if it's a simple cookie authentification all you need is to delete the cookies, just look in the browser options for this..... at this opportunity delete the temporary internet files too (you should do this regularly anyway), this can be done in the browser settings too or (this is the way I do it) in command line:

Code: Select all

rd /s /q %temp%
you might get an error, don't worry about it, it only means that some data couldn't be deleted because it is used by a process.

the 2nd way the data could be stored would be in the password management of the browser (in this case you would have to enter something like a master password when you want to login somewhere), in this case you have to look for the password management option in the browser settings and delete the stored passwords there (you have to enter the master password to do be able to do this).

:wink: