Problems? Post here...
Thesk
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Windows License codes

Post by Thesk »

Hi

So i've got another thread going on about the
HP Compaq Business Dc7800p Small form factor pc.
it has a Windows Vista Business OEM License code on the side of it,
Can that be use to be upgraded to a licensed Windows 7 or maybe a Windows 10 ?

or is it obsolete so that it can't be used anymore for anything but Windows Vista Business? ... i don't even know if that license code is for a x86 or an x64 architecture, how do i check that ?

Cheers :D
The music industry is a matrix that is counter to what is natural and right.

- Prince -

ayu
Staff
Staff

Re: Windows License codes

Post by ayu »

Been reading around a bit but can't find any information that says that you can upgrade from Vista to Windows 7/10 unfortunately.
I think you will have to get Windows 10 separately if you want it.

Regarding the arch, you should be able to see if by going to the system settings/information.
If I remember correctly you can do so easily by right-clicking "My computer" on the Desktop and then go to properties there (Or maybe it says system settings or something. I haven't used Windows for a while).
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

Thesk
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by Thesk »

cats wrote:Been reading around a bit but can't find any information that says that you can upgrade from Vista to Windows 7/10 unfortunately.
I think you will have to get Windows 10 separately if you want it.

Regarding the arch, you should be able to see if by going to the system settings/information.
If I remember correctly you can do so easily by right-clicking "My computer" on the Desktop and then go to properties there (Or maybe it says system settings or something. I haven't used Windows for a while).
I thought as much #-o ...

Oh ok. But thats not what i meant. I meant how to check the code, only the code, if that is for the arch x86 or x64 so that i can get the right OS media on a cd for that code ? 8) :D ...
The music industry is a matrix that is counter to what is natural and right.

- Prince -

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

Thesk wrote: I thought as much #-o ...

Oh ok. But thats not what i meant. I meant how to check the code, only the code, if that is for the arch x86 or x64 so that i can get the right OS media on a cd for that code ? 8) :D ...
The link below has an acceptable answer.
The key does not decide which architecture you use.
It's valid for both.

https://superuser.com/questions/516277/ ... roduct-key" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"