Holy shit...

...let us know what you think, free speech!
User avatar
Gogeta70
^_^
^_^
Posts: 3274
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 16:00
16

Holy shit...

Post by Gogeta70 »

I just got electrocuted like shit!!!

I was making a camera taser, and the battery has been out for a good while now, and i even took a few pics with the flash on. I was taking the camera apart, and all of a sudden i touched the wrong part and BAM i was electrocuted. THAT SHIT HURTS!!!! It felt like an eternity of pain, like my fingers were being vibrated and shit. You know those little 'toy taser' things that used to be popular? well, imagine that pain times like... 500!

Anyway, have any of you had similar experiences?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

Necrix
The Hacker Wolf
The Hacker Wolf
Posts: 746
Joined: 09 Apr 2005, 16:00
16
Location: United States
Contact:

Post by Necrix »

When I was younger, I put a key in the wall outlet. Didn't hurt much..but I felt electricity go all throug my body..and it made me run..felt like I was being chased by an electric demon lol.

Also..when I was younger, my brothers had me but my finger in the lightbulb socket of a ceiling fan. They did it accidentally, and it didn't hurt them, so I guess they thought it'd be a funny joke? lol

I clicked one of the shock lighters for a good while..couldn't feel my whole arm for a little while after.

Later, and Peace.
Image
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

User avatar
bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner
Posts: 11609
Joined: 06 Apr 2005, 16:00
16
Location: The zone.
Contact:

Post by bad_brain »

you surely came across a goldcap.... :lol:
http://www.panasonic.com/industrial/com ... p_gold.htm

those little bastards look harmless, but they can store a lot of energy for a long time. and the voltage needed for the flashlight is a some 1000 volts in a very high frequency (but a very low ammount of Ampere, that´s why it "only" hurted and you´re still alive)... :wink:

User avatar
Gogeta70
^_^
^_^
Posts: 3274
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 16:00
16

Post by Gogeta70 »

Well, at least i finished the taser cam. But i was REALLY FUCKING CAREFUL about where i put my fingers... my god. I've been shocked before but damn, not THAT bad... that shit hurt.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

User avatar
DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary
Posts: 6114
Joined: 24 Feb 2006, 17:00
15
Location: Michigan USA
Contact:

Camera tasers and capacitors

Post by DNR »

You can make a mini taser by disassembling one of those "Jet" lighters, you know, the ones that put out a jet-engine like flame. The spark ignitor is a self contained unit, about 1.5" long. When you click the device with the metal 'spark' tip you'll get a pretty good shock. :wink:

I made a camera taser myself, those capacitors inside, just like B_B said, contain 1,000+ volts. They are used for Flash, so if you have a large strobe flash, you know you got a large cap in it. This is very important - there are capacitors in larger devices, like your old CRT - they can really fux you up. Examine the capacitors, resistors, transformers inside electrical devices before you touch..

:roll: Who cares? imagine making a door knob boobytrap to keep nosy roommates from snooping your room. Build a briefcase (samsonites have metal in their carry handles) trigger, if someone picks it up, POW! Watch him writhe on the floor as you give him a swift kick in the nuts for trying to steal your lappie (maybe this would be funny at a hacker con)
:lol:
DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

User avatar
isapiens
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Posts: 533
Joined: 05 May 2006, 16:00
15
Location: Turn around

Post by isapiens »

I am majoring in electrical engineering and i am scared to death of electricity. Obviously i still do the labs its just i am alwas carefull, i dont connect stuff to each other that i am not sure about. Some poeple make fun of me for that but i dont care, i dont feel like loosing my eyes just because i was having fun at blowing up a huge capacitor...
I was shocked only twice. The first time was a car battery...12 V. Thats why from now on i disconnect the positive side first... And the second time was 120V when i forgot to unplug the device i was fixing. Stupid me, it made my heart beat like 200 and i dont know why byt i did like 5 sit ups (muscle contraction i suppose).
Thats why i am carefull know, you wont get me electricity! unless u are a lightning that hits ipods.

User avatar
Gogeta70
^_^
^_^
Posts: 3274
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 16:00
16

Post by Gogeta70 »

Yeah, well if you're fucking around and building shit, watch your fingers... you'll thank yourself.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

User avatar
CommonStray
Forum Assassin
Forum Assassin
Posts: 1214
Joined: 20 Aug 2005, 16:00
16

Post by CommonStray »

i was once on a telephone, and messing around with a couple of dimes, well i had a blonde moment and stuck them into an electrical outlet....lets just say, ill ever do that again....

Necrix
The Hacker Wolf
The Hacker Wolf
Posts: 746
Joined: 09 Apr 2005, 16:00
16
Location: United States
Contact:

Post by Necrix »

I thought dimes were nickel coated..and that nickel isn't conductive?

lol unless it used the copper underneath somehow :P
Yeah..electrical outlets can be pretty damn powerful.
Image
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

User avatar
LaBlueGirl
Suckopithicus chickasaurus
Suckopithicus chickasaurus
Posts: 513
Joined: 22 Mar 2006, 17:00
15
Location: Brussel
Contact:

Post by LaBlueGirl »

Necrix wrote:I thought dimes were nickel coated..and that nickel isn't conductive?
dimes are about 75% copper:)
"Hey, Crash!
Ever tried walking with no legs?

It's real slow!"
~Crunch, Crash Bandicoot TTR

Necrix
The Hacker Wolf
The Hacker Wolf
Posts: 746
Joined: 09 Apr 2005, 16:00
16
Location: United States
Contact:

Post by Necrix »

I know lol..but I figured the nickel coating would prevent the dime from being conductive..

Though..it must be. Circuit proved that for us :lol:
Yeah..house keys are as well when it comes to wall outlets.
Image
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

User avatar
Gogeta70
^_^
^_^
Posts: 3274
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 16:00
16

Post by Gogeta70 »

When i was 5, i stuck a pair of tweezers in the wall socket, but they had plastic on top, so i didn't get hurt. But it made a pretty/scary electric show. I was afraid of lightning/thunder for a few years after that, and my brother would always torment me during a storm, telling me that the 'lightning is chasing me, RUN' so i'd run in circles for quite a while while he's cracking up, yelling 'he's getting closer, come on!!' Anyway, i'm pretty sure he enjoyed himself, and who can't use some exercise?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

User avatar
bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner
Posts: 11609
Joined: 06 Apr 2005, 16:00
16
Location: The zone.
Contact:

Post by bad_brain »

Necrix wrote:I thought dimes were nickel coated..and that nickel isn't conductive?
8O
*imagines Necrix saying "I know it´s high voltage, but I wear my nickel gloves!"*

dude, who told you THAT?
nickel IS conductive, every metal is. it´s not as conductive as silver (conductivity k=62.5) or copper (k=56.2)...nickel has k=14.5....but it´s still a conductor!

User avatar
DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary
Posts: 6114
Joined: 24 Feb 2006, 17:00
15
Location: Michigan USA
Contact:

heart knowledge

Post by DNR »

Electricity even the low amp ones pose a threat to your heart, it is true that if you remove a heart from a living person, it will continue to beat for awhile - it creates its own electricity by chemistry/biological reaction. If you interrupt or 'confuse' the electricity pattern of your heart, you can stop it or go into a useless irregular pattern. The Defibulators, AED's can shock the heart back into a regular pattern. Your heart should beat between 55 to 100 bpm.

just some bullshit I thought you'd like to know :wink:

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

Necrix
The Hacker Wolf
The Hacker Wolf
Posts: 746
Joined: 09 Apr 2005, 16:00
16
Location: United States
Contact:

Post by Necrix »

bad_brain wrote:
Necrix wrote:I thought dimes were nickel coated..and that nickel isn't conductive?
8O
*imagines Necrix saying "I know it´s high voltage, but I wear my nickel gloves!"*

dude, who told you THAT?
nickel IS conductive, every metal is. it´s not as conductive as silver (conductivity k=62.5) or copper (k=56.2)...nickel has k=14.5....but it´s still a conductor!
Dumb moment on my part. lol.
Image
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Post Reply