Black hawk helicopters

...let us know what you think, free speech!
Hiram
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Black hawk helicopters

Post by Hiram »

Are Black hawk helicopters still being used by Americans in serious warfare?

During the Iraqi war which toppled Saddam Hussein from power, a peasant shot down a
black hawk chopper with a rifle; could have been one bullet.

1993 Battle of Mogadishu in Somalia, 'skinnies' shot down two of them with RPGs.
8O Oh my God; I suppose even a boomerang could be a threat to a Black hawk chopper.

l0ngb1t

Re: Black hawk helicopters

Post by l0ngb1t »

the one in mogadisho was shot by an RPG b7 rocket launcher and it was flying low in order provide support for the ground troops, so it was kinda an easy target

and abt the one in Iraq, i have no idea about how true the story was and where it was shot.
There is an UNEQUAL amount of good and bad in most things, the trick is to work out the ratio and act accordingly. "The Jester"

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

sounds like someone needs to witness an 'Arc Light' up close.

warfare is nasty business.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

Hiram

Post by Hiram »

l0ngb1t wrote:the one in mogadisho was shot by an RPG b7 rocket launcher and it was flying low in order provide support for the ground troops, so it was kinda an easy target

and abt the one in Iraq, i have no idea about how true the story was and where it was shot.
Obviously and mostly aircrafts are meant to cover ground troops, but in a safe
manner.
The black hawk in Iraq; I saw it live on BBC in a field with no signs of missile attack, but
some broken window glasses, a scene similar to a rifle shot. Iraqis claimed it was shot
down by a patriotic peasant. Apparently the pilot left it there and took off.
DNR wrote:warfare is nasty business.
Yes, but you can only be safe under protection, of course with safe equipment!

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

No, i believe we use apache's now, but i can't be sure.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

lilrofl
Siliconoclast
Siliconoclast

Post by lilrofl »

We use Apaches black hawks and Kiowas... I'm not going to go into the why of it, but they all have their purpose, and they are among the most advanced aircraft in the world. We flew hundreds of sorties per day in black hawk helicopters, and all of our medi-vacs are done in them... so what if a few got shot down, that doesn't make them worthless. 129 helicopters where shot down since 2003, 24 of those where Black hawks, and only 7 of those where from hostile fire.

Find me another rotary wing aircraft with that record... that's not American, and used for medi-vacs under hostile fire.
knuffeltjes voor mijn knuffel
[img]http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac320/stuphsack/Sig.jpg[/img]