A not-so-brief introduction

Introduce yourself here....
killer_b
forum buddy
forum buddy

A not-so-brief introduction

Post by killer_b »

Hey Suck-o members. I have recently developed a deeper thirst for knowledge in the vast field of computers and Suck-o looked like a good place to get some questions answered and meet some stand up characters.

In the last few weeks I have downloaded Ubuntu alongside my Windows OS in order to have more fun with computers and an operating system with a hint of reliability. With that said, here is what I have accomplished messing around with Ubuntu in the previous weeks:
~Lock all accounts out of root privileges by modifying my /etc/pam.d
~Main account can no longer click on any icons or open anything for that matter (it doesn't seem like that big of an issue yet and although I don't know how I managed to do it, I think I will figure out how to reverse it).
~I picked up a few cool tricks for using the terminal and have spent some time learning how the terminal can be useful and began writing basic scripts.
~I learned how shitty Windows really is!

That is but a starter list of the problems I have caused myself with good intentions and misguided curiosity. My biggest issue most likely comes from following the random thoughts of others on how to do things on a linux system without having a deeper understanding of what exactly I was doing. I feel more comfortable being part of a forum with others that share the same thirst for knowledge with a much greater understanding of the subject.

Happy to meet all who respond and look forward to checking this forum quite often *thumb*

killer_b

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Re: A not-so-brief introduction

Post by DNR »

Welcome to the Forums.

Save the linux vs Windows stuff for the debate forum, stick with technical stuff you know.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

killer_b
forum buddy
forum buddy

Post by killer_b »

No disrespect to anything Windows. I have a history of computer issues that I feel would have been easily taken care of and prevented running linux.
Sorry DNR, I got a little too excited with that jab to Windows.
I appreciate the welcome.

Sincerely,
killer_b

maboroshi
Dr. Mab
Dr. Mab

Post by maboroshi »

Welcome to the forums...

Your curiosity is a good starting point. Just remember the question is just as important as the answer!

Good luck

*cheers

Maboroshi

lykos
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by lykos »

Welcome to Suck-O! I am a linux user myself any questions you have just ask on the forums or shoot me a PM i am glad to help however i can!

~[Lykos]~

l0ngb1t

Post by l0ngb1t »

waw...
very nice introduction, sound promising.
this should be voted as the best new member introduction on suck-o lol, now i raelly feel ashamed about my intro :cry:

Welcome and keep up the good work mate *thumb*
There is an UNEQUAL amount of good and bad in most things, the trick is to work out the ratio and act accordingly. "The Jester"

lilrofl
Siliconoclast
Siliconoclast

Post by lilrofl »

Welcome to Suck-O :)

I hope you enjoy your stay.
knuffeltjes voor mijn knuffel
[img]http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac320/stuphsack/Sig.jpg[/img]