Tactical Shotgun

Hobbies that have no own category (yet).
DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Re: Tactical Shotgun

Post by DNR »

wow! Lundis thank you for that report. It sounds similar in what I am going through with a local militia group. Homeowners basically being conscripted for battle - just in case..

Simple stuff, like hiding behind a flimsy bush (which does not stop bullets) or even standing upright, looking dumb when their weapon jammed (the next step would be to find cover or use another weapon - not just stand there) That is to be expected with well-intention people, who are just not 'bred' for military stuff.

I will write more on this local militia stuff (yea I am changing things up again in my life)

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Re: Tactical Shotgun

Post by DNR »

I got the Saiga 12. It takes a long time to order and thus most cost about $800. Typical semi-autoshotguns are about $900. I got 2 Pro-Mag 20 round drum mags - vs the 12 round banana clip. The drum is actually a smaller profile.

video
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tips -

Load the shotgun with the bolt open, the magazine positions a new shell exactly infront of the chamber when you load.

If you have to feed single rounds - feed from under the shotgun, thru the magazine well.

Low recoil rounds do not work well in this gun. The gas regulator allows you to select gas pressure only based on shell size - 3" or 2 3/4 inch shells. You select "1" for 3" shells, more powerful rounds. you choose "2" for all other shells. So its not much of a selection.

It operates and disassembles like a AK47.

Each magazine has to be custom fitted to the specific weapon - as machine tolerance is poor.

Recoil is not bad compared to pump shotguns, due to the gas action and somewhat of a 'straight line design'.

Barrel and chamber are chrome lined.

It does come with a mount to install a scope or red dot system.

there is NO plastic buffer aka AR15/M4 - so the weapon can eventually beat itself to death. The hammer is powered by twisted wire, typical russian tech.

Wolf brand "power buckshot" was cheap and worked well. At 25 feet the buck shot (9 balls of 00) becomes predictable on a human torso size target. Birdshot test - #8.5 shot patterns about 2.5 feet diameter at about 20/25 ft. The birdshot - Ely loads did not function the gas system, so each round had to be manually fed under the gun.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.