Puzzling Question ? are we really being hunted at all ?

...let us know what you think, free speech!
Raz0r
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Puzzling Question ? are we really being hunted at all ?

Post by Raz0r »

Hello everyone,well after studying for exams and taking a brief break ,I started to think .... If the USA,China,England spend millions,if not billions on improving security and finding "hackers" where is all that money going to ? I mean...anyone can simply type the word hack and find info on google ,yahoo,bing,webcrawler and yet they are being paid millions just to find us and "erase our breeding grounds" but that dosen't make sense.I have come to a conclusion.....I don't think they want to get rid of us....well not right away.I think you "hackers" are being used as a scapegoat for more money, I mean think about it ,any person can go and join a so called "hacking" forum and almost instantly surrounded by copyright software (not that thats a bad thing.....well in my book) and source code for rats,trojans etc.. so then again a fed can do that, an antivirus employee can get potential source code or behaviour patterns of avoiding AV detection, I mean the possibilities are endless , if these guys are being paid millions to erase us why are we still around "hacking" on crappy machines compared to those that the governments have???

This is just thinking outloud and some food for thought.......
I can use all the shells,so now I can finally hear the ocean

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Re: Puzzling Question ? are we really being hunted at all ?

Post by DNR »

law enforcement does not work well pro-active. They respond after a crime has been commited, out of sake of privacy, juridiction, and even funding to do investigations.

In the USA, the Federal Crime Stats are still about 54% - meaning 50% are caught, taken to trial, and then sentenced to prison. Thats 50% that don't.

With information - like lost credit card information or private stuff - some companies do not report it - they do their own investigations, and fire the person. They don't want their stocks to crash because the market thinks they got holes in their networks.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

security is a big business. no threats == no money.
it has never been proven, but the manufacturers of antivirus programs are also suspected of releasing viruses. also ask yourself why people that published "successful" viruses are often hired by AV companies afterwards....imo not because they are needed to make things more secure, AV companies more want to know how to keep a specific level of insecurity to make people buy their stuff.

the "hackers" they are really after are the ones that cause financial damages to the big companies, and if it is just by copyright violation.

Raz0r
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by Raz0r »

bad_brain wrote:security is a big business. no threats == no money.
hmmmm.......so we are a cash cow afterall.
DNR wrote:law enforcement does not work well pro-active. They respond after a crime has been commited, out of sake of privacy, juridiction, and even funding to do investigations.
privacy...really ?? I was under the assumption that privacy is no longer an obstacle for the law enforcement anymore.Thanks for all the feedback everyone,this will keep me in deep thought for a while.
I can use all the shells,so now I can finally hear the ocean

Hiram
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by Hiram »

Security aims threats.
If you become a formidable opponent in sight, you face the action.
For example; Americans are looking for Bin Laden because he is
a global threat beyond just a possibility.

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

I think we are beyond Bin Laden. How is his kidneys feeling?

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

pseudo_opcode
cyber messiah
cyber messiah

Post by pseudo_opcode »

Raz0r wrote:Hello everyone,well after studying for exams and taking a brief break ,I started to think .... If the USA,China,England spend millions,if not billions on improving security and finding "hackers" where is all that money going to ? I mean...anyone can simply type the word hack and find info on google ,yahoo,bing,webcrawler and yet they are being paid millions just to find us and "erase our breeding grounds" but that dosen't make sense.I have come to a conclusion.....I don't think they want to get rid of us....well not right away.I think you "hackers" are being used as a scapegoat for more money, I mean think about it ,any person can go and join a so called "hacking" forum and almost instantly surrounded by copyright software (not that thats a bad thing.....well in my book) and source code for rats,trojans etc.. so then again a fed can do that, an antivirus employee can get potential source code or behaviour patterns of avoiding AV detection, I mean the possibilities are endless , if these guys are being paid millions to erase us why are we still around "hacking" on crappy machines compared to those that the governments have???

This is just thinking outloud and some food for thought.......
hacking is similar to combat just like guns, tools, training, can be provided, ethics cant.
both can be used for good, bad and sport.
Why you keep guns and get training? Because you love it? because it might help you protect yourself someday? because it is cool? because it is your job? because you are a wannabe superhero? because you are a psycho serial killer? is upto you.

That doesnt make guns or combat training in itself bad. But i wish i could say the same for jihad training camps... but they do exist.. right?

[Edit: duh,realized i just necro'ed a thread :P]

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

I liked the point Pse.

There will be sheep (general population)
there will be wolves (the criminals)
and there will be lions (the fighters of wolves)

Lions can decide if they are protecting the sheep, or just hunting for fun.

-DN
-

Hiram

Post by Hiram »

I think it depends who has what!
There are things which may signify malice. For example
RATs. Why would someone seek access to another's
computer, that is without authorization?
If I see William with Uranium, I just remain skeptical what
he would use it for; but then Mohamed... 8O Oh my God!
Uranium is not Marmalade! #-o