Ubuntu 10.10 issue

Don´t be shy, Linux is fun! =)
killer_b
forum buddy
forum buddy

Ubuntu 10.10 issue

Post by killer_b »

This goes out to all the Ubuntu users out there, I've been having a problem on and off that causes me to not be able to click on or do anything on the gnome desktop. I can still log in to ttys and do everything else normal but anything GUI is off limits. I wish I could explain the problem better but these are the only real side affects.
I assume its a problem with the gnome desktop itself or with nautilus possibly?
Also, I think the problem keeps happening after I configure a second monitor and then restart the computer. The next time I login I get these issues.

Any help??

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Re: Ubuntu 10.10 issue

Post by bad_brain »

anything to find in syslog?

killer_b
forum buddy
forum buddy

Post by killer_b »

Nothing in the logs... I'll put this one on the back burner for now. Almost 100% sure it has to do with the monitor but I've been using the monitor for another computer lately so the issue should be a non-issue for now.

Artificial Interceptor
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by Artificial Interceptor »

killer_b wrote:This goes out to all the Ubuntu users out there, I've been having a problem on and off that causes me to not be able to click on or do anything on the gnome desktop. I can still log in to ttys and do everything else normal but anything GUI is off limits. I wish I could explain the problem better but these are the only real side affects.
I assume its a problem with the gnome desktop itself or with nautilus possibly?
Also, I think the problem keeps happening after I configure a second monitor and then restart the computer. The next time I login I get these issues.

Any help??
hm the 1. that pops into my head, is that it could be a graphic issue, 2. that allso pops into my is the drivers for your hardware might be wrong.

Im running 10.10 on my old IBM R51, and it works nothing is wrong not even when i connect my monitor to my VGA output it configure it self automaticly without any kind of errors, not even when i run firefox, with 4 open pages and Qmmp and virtual box with win XP proffessional service pack 3 with microsoft office open, at the same time :D
Sincerly Artificial Interceptor [i]aka[/i] Plexrod
Music is Art!!.. Hacking is Art!!