What programing language to start from

Questions about programming languages and debugging
Broken Angel
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

What programing language to start from

Post by Broken Angel »

M having C classes right now, but m still unsure on what language should I start from to be a good programer and also m not at all sure on how to apply them in my real life. Knowing C how am I supposed to apply it in practical sense so that it can be learning and also fun.
:-k
God Blessed Me With Forgiveness And I Forgive You With My Revenge...!

-Broken Angel

lilrofl
Siliconoclast
Siliconoclast

Re: What programing language to start from

Post by lilrofl »

This comes up every once in a while, and usually ends up in a debate of higher vs. lower programming languages. In the end it doesn't matter which one you learn as they all have their value. I chose Python because it's straight forward, and fairly easy to pick up while still retaining some power. The real power of python comes later though when you also know C or C++ and integrate the two with c-types, making C++ a natural second language.... but that's just the road I took. You can travel anyone you'd like.

As for how do you learn to program useful, practical and fun things? Well you start by programming things that you have no need for, like a calculator or a hangman game. Something small, easy to code and well documented. It will put the pieces together in your mind so that you can build things that are more complicated or less documented later. Small steps and patients will yield volumes later.

I'm sure there will be a lot more discussion about this, maybe just a link to the last time we had it, just remember that in the end it's a decision that you have to make, and while everyone's opinion is valid, you're the only one who can make the decision.
knuffeltjes voor mijn knuffel
[img]http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac320/stuphsack/Sig.jpg[/img]

Broken Angel

Post by Broken Angel »

Well to be very precise I was thinking of going on the same line exactly ;) C and Python will do and for timie pass I will have some assembly level language. Any books suggestions pls?

-Broken Angel

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

Look just pick a language and learn it to death. C is the perfect language for you. You'll soon see that its an awesome language that crosses multiple platforms. Including 68HC11, PIC processors all the way up a Pentium. It even runs on almost all operating systems.

Just learn it! :lol:
₣£ΘΘĐĦΘŮŇĐ

maboroshi
Dr. Mab
Dr. Mab

Post by maboroshi »

I agree with Floodhound that it is best to pick a language and stick with it :-)

Learn C Its a really good language IMO

Broken Angel

Post by Broken Angel »

Hmmm... m going for C then and hope to find a good result out of it :D :D fanks guys you are the best

-Broken Angel