ayu
Staff
Staff

(spoiler alert!!!) Tsubasa Chronicles

Post by ayu »

Has anyone else seen this anime?
Did anyone watch the OVAs?

Thoughts about this anime anyone?
I just finished it, including the OVAs and I have detailed opinion about it, but I want to hear some others first :P
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Re: (spoiler alert!!!) Tsubasa Chronicles

Post by Gogeta70 »

I've watched it a few times. The artwork and music are both amazing, the characters fit their roles very well and their personalities are pretty diverse, not original, but at least diverse. The storyline is where it falls short, in my opinion. It has a great concept and it's very dynamic in terms of moving from world to world and the way they achieve their objectives in each world. The problem is that they never really achieve anything significant to the story. It's like pokemon, gotta chatch 'em all...
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

gogeta70 wrote:I've watched it a few times. The artwork and music are both amazing, the characters fit their roles very well and their personalities are pretty diverse, not original, but at least diverse. The storyline is where it falls short, in my opinion. It has a great concept and it's very dynamic in terms of moving from world to world and the way they achieve their objectives in each world. The problem is that they never really achieve anything significant to the story. It's like pokemon, gotta chatch 'em all...

Yeah I agree, but what I really really hate about the series, is that the OVA episodes completely screws up the story.
It's like all of a sudden the story becomes so dark and depressing, like there is no hope for any victory.
And it looks like someone else drew it (if you have seen it you probably know what I mean).

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

I didn't bother watching the ova's. I read a summary of them a few years ago and it didn't really follow the story at all from what i can remember, so i didn't bother.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

gogeta70 wrote:I didn't bother watching the ova's. I read a summary of them a few years ago and it didn't really follow the story at all from what i can remember, so i didn't bother.

Yeah, don't bother .. they are horrible ... and I regret watching them : /