Help in choosing a game

About your favorite games!
ph0bYx
Staff Member
Staff Member

Help in choosing a game

Post by ph0bYx »

Hey guys, I need your help. I'm in the dire need to play a MMORPG game. My requirements:
- should be free to play (WoW could still count as there are free private servers)
- should have a fairly high amount of players
- preferably not too big (>20 GB) but not necessary

Shoot away =)

Broken Angel
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Re: Help in choosing a game

Post by Broken Angel »

Counter Strike....! :D <3
God Blessed Me With Forgiveness And I Forgive You With My Revenge...!

-Broken Angel

ph0bYx
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by ph0bYx »

I play Counter Strike... a LOT, but it's not a MMORPG.

Lundis
Distorter of Reality
Distorter of Reality

Post by Lundis »

http://www.perfectworld.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Pick one, they're all free to play ;)

Personally I've played perfect world and jade dynasty, I think I preferred JD, but the game world is a lot bigger and more explorable in PW. Dunno about player amounts these days though... ;)

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

I play Aion, but it's not free ^^ (But I think there are private servers)
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

Eve Online maybe? I have never played it, but CB loves it...

ph0bYx
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by ph0bYx »

Because I LOVE EVE Online but it's not free, I'm tempted to start playing Battlestar Galactica Online:
[youtube][/youtube]

It's a 3D browser game, but there is no linux version of the addon for it to play. :(
Will have to try it in Windows :D

ph0bYx
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by ph0bYx »

OK, I think I'm going to try out this game instead:
[youtube][/youtube]

:D

skulldragon_001
On the way to fame!
On the way to fame!

Post by skulldragon_001 »

As long as I've tested and played many MMORPGs.. I've had it!
Most of them are short, dull and boring AND/OR require a huge amount of cash.
99% of official MMORPGs use one of two or both money earning strategies: Monthly fee or Item shop. But it's not worth it at all. Well, maybe except some Final Fantasy games on XBox...
But anyway, if it's official, game is 95% up, but they ask money. If it's a private server, then it may not be up all the time, may include bugs, which admin can't fix ever, and they might have cut some things out of the game and tell players to buy those things via donating - same as Item mall in official server. In rare cases, you do find an absolutely free private server and since nobody bothers paying anything, the admins aren't dedicated and may dump the server after a short time. And there are many more things, which cry out, how pointless private servers are.

So back to sticking with official servers.
I read and analyzed and went nuts and found that one MMORPG game, belonging to 1%, which don't require no Monthly fees or have Item mall. Well it has one small Item mall, but the things it contains aren't even important, but just "extra". And that game only requires one time fee: to purchase it. You can then play it as long as you want, server is 99.9% up, game client is "genius" and actually runs on my 2002 P4 powered machine. Game is old, but well made, and doesn't have any major issues that may piss players off.
And it's called Guild Wars.
Quite addictive and simple MMORPG.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

oh noooo.....X3... #-o
I hate that game...for a hardcore FPS weirdo like me there is nothing worse than X3 I guess... :lol:

but one of my buddies loves it, he always tells me about how much money he made last night by letting the system run, and of course he writes down statistics likes a salesman...it's hilarious. :lol:
so if you like that genre it seems to be a really good one... :D

Stavros
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post by Stavros »

If you like TPS games (Third Person Shooter) and MMOs then maybe take a look at Global Agenda. It doesn't have a monthly subscription. Costs about $20. According to Wikipedia the gamers like it better than the critics.

ph0bYx
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by ph0bYx »

skulldragon_001 wrote:As long as I've tested and played many MMORPGs.. I've had it!
Most of them are short, dull and boring AND/OR require a huge amount of cash.
99% of official MMORPGs use one of two or both money earning strategies: Monthly fee or Item shop. But it's not worth it at all. Well, maybe except some Final Fantasy games on XBox...
But anyway, if it's official, game is 95% up, but they ask money. If it's a private server, then it may not be up all the time, may include bugs, which admin can't fix ever, and they might have cut some things out of the game and tell players to buy those things via donating - same as Item mall in official server. In rare cases, you do find an absolutely free private server and since nobody bothers paying anything, the admins aren't dedicated and may dump the server after a short time. And there are many more things, which cry out, how pointless private servers are.
I know one private (WoW) server that is absolutely amazing. The staff is very professional, they have a team of developers who work on the bugs / implementing patches etc. much better than any other I've seen, they make large fixes like every week or so:
https://www.molten-wow.com/changelog/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

No lag on the servers and a fairly large number of players. The only problem might be the donor players but that's how they pay for servers so I guess that's OK:
https://www.molten-wow.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(I've played there a long time ago so I'm not sure if it's still the same but it was awesome while I played it)
So back to sticking with official servers.
I read and analyzed and went nuts and found that one MMORPG game, belonging to 1%, which don't require no Monthly fees or have Item mall. Well it has one small Item mall, but the things it contains aren't even important, but just "extra". And that game only requires one time fee: to purchase it. You can then play it as long as you want, server is 99.9% up, game client is "genius" and actually runs on my 2002 P4 powered machine. Game is old, but well made, and doesn't have any major issues that may piss players off.
And it's called Guild Wars.
Quite addictive and simple MMORPG.
I've seen this analysis of Guild Wars 2 :
[youtube][/youtube]

It looks awesome! So I'm waiting for it to come out. The release date is November afaik.
bad_brain wrote:oh noooo.....X3... #-o
I hate that game...for a hardcore FPS weirdo like me there is nothing worse than X3 I guess... :lol:

but one of my buddies loves it, he always tells me about how much money he made last night by letting the system run, and of course he writes down statistics likes a salesman...it's hilarious. :lol:
so if you like that genre it seems to be a really good one... :D
Yeah, I love this genre of games. If I could play EVE Online I would drop everything else and just play that game but I can't afford monthly fees for a game right now. I've read there is a was to buy the time card in-game for in-game resources, but I think a lot of time needs to be spent on playing it to be able to do that and I don't want a game that I'll have to play for the most part of the day.
X3 is the closest one to EVE that I could find, some even say that if it were an online multiplayer game that it would be even better than EVE.
Anyways, finally I'll be able to explore space in decent graphics :D
Stavros wrote:If you like TPS games (Third Person Shooter) and MMOs then maybe take a look at Global Agenda. It doesn't have a monthly subscription. Costs about $20. According to Wikipedia the gamers like it better than the critics.
As far as shooter games go, Counter Strike 1.6 is the holy grail for me. But I'll keep it in mind if I ever want to try out TPS games.

Thanks guys! :)

maboroshi
Dr. Mab
Dr. Mab

Post by maboroshi »

If your into fantasy games I suggest DDO, it has really become quite good. :D

I played about 6 months ago :D

I plan on downloading it again since WoW bores me. I haven't played wow in months :D

Anyway

DDO is actually a really good game :-)