To the victims of the Norway massacre

...let us know what you think, free speech!
ayu
Staff
Staff

To the victims of the Norway massacre

Post by ayu »

I dedicate this thread to the victims of the bombing in Oslo, as well as the massacre at Utøya.
And I would like to say that I promise that you have all of Swedens support.
Rest in peace friends, and let the bastard who did it get what he deserves.
Let him get a short visit to prison, so that we can kill him slowly when he gets out.

EDIT: I can add that there are so far 91 dead found.
84 which were executed personally by the guy responsible at Utøya.
7 so far found at the bombing site.

"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Re: To the victims of the Norway massacre

Post by bad_brain »

what a tragedy. and, as usual, it hit innocent people. :(

what makes me even more sick is the way the media reacts. I don't know how it is in other countries, but in germany the usual selfproclaimed "experts" start to blame "the killer video game World of Warcraft" (yes, they REALLY said "killer video game") because the suspect had it as favorite game on his FB site... ](*,)

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

WoW did this ? bullshit. just another nut in the world.

For my 2 cents, what if someone else legally owned a firearm, they could have stopped this earlier. this active shooter went on too long. I know I would have taken time from my xbox to shoot this motherfucker dead, then went back to playing Operation Flashpoint: Red River.

I bet no one thought it would happen in norway.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

DNR wrote: I bet no one thought it would happen in norway.

DNR
Indeed, I would have been less surprised if it happened in Denmark or Sweden.
I mean, NOTHING ever happens in Norway (usually).

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

been reading more. Pissed to find out, an armed police guard was supposed to be working on the island.
certainly an active shooter dressed as LEO is a tough scenario.
Norway SWAT should have had balls to obtain a damn boat ASAP, again I feel badly because the body count is so high, the young targets, and lack of help.

The reason damage is so high on some of these types of attacks - is because of that thought - "Won't happen here". and people think 'we' are paranoid to be hypervigilant and armed. People need 'men of violence' like me - so they can sleep at night.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

good article - it used internet commos, like tweet, news, social networks, etc to piece together a time line and picture of events.

http://allthingsd.com/20110722/a-norweg ... cat=mobile" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

DNR
-

JohnB
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by JohnB »

Sad to hear the news. Even if Norway had the death penalty it would be best if he wasn't given it. Otherwise he'd become a martyr for his cause.

Also I hear he can only get a maximum of 21 years. Why is that? It sounds perverse.
Sprich mit mir!

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

JohnB wrote:Sad to hear the news. Even if Norway had the death penalty it would be best if he wasn't given it. Otherwise he'd become a martyr for his cause.

Also I hear he can only get a maximum of 21 years. Why is that? It sounds perverse.
Scandinavian laws ;)

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

JohnB wrote:Otherwise he'd become a martyr for his cause.
I am curious what "his cause" was, I hope he will get a chance to tell it in court....because this will show what he is: a complete lunatic, what he did had nothing to do with politics.

the media (which is under leftist control) talks all the time about him being a "fundamental christian", a "conservative", and so on, because christians and conservatives have been their enemies already before that day, and that's disgusting because it's abusing the deaths of almost 100 people for their own targets.

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

in the US we lock down people like this - they do not get to use the courts as a public forum for their rants. none of the terrorist we caught alive are available to the public or allowed to communicate outside. you cannot allow crazy people to think that tactics like this will get them attention and TV time.

DNR
-

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

that's right..on one side. but on the other side you allow the media (the people that control the media) to abuse incidents like that for their own targets then, because they can make anything out of him now....in McCarthy days he would have been made a communist, in the UssR he would have been made a USA spy, and so on.

let him say what he has to say, what a lunatic says will always be the words of a lunatic, and if someone believes the words of a lunatic he does because he was also a lunatic before already. and if there is even a little percentage of truth in what he says, the truth is always the truth, even if it's said by a lunatic.

I simply think that nobody has the right to decide what people should hear and what not. the truth, even if it is horrible and disgusting, is always better than manipulated or filtered pseudo-information.

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

you mean the crap that happens when media slants the topic and incites? Nancy Grace inciting violence to Casey Anthony? Sarah Palin inciting Jared Lee Loughner to shoot Giffords in Tucson?
or how we allow people to make movies that glorify people like this, by playing out their lives and repeating the horror on film? Helter Skelter?

I still think - despite all the subliminal, overt/covert media mind play they do - individual people are still responsible to decide what is right and what is wrong. There is a difference in being a sucker to beer commercials, government retoric/excuses, and working man/debit scenario - each still requires the person to decide to obey and follow. For someone to decide to go kill people, I don't see media as being solely responsible - the person had to play his own game in his head, to rationalize something so graphic as shooting another person, or people.

It would be like trying to blame the columbine shooters violence on just video games or bowling.
I can't see the public being allowed to hear the rantings of a crazy person - his actions alone define him as a crazy person and that is enough to prosecute him. Why listen to his rationalization?

You are grasping for a Why, there is a Who, what, when, how, and where - but there is never a good Why.

DNR
-

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

of course there is never a good "why" to kill almost 100 innocent people, and what I want is not to let him talk because "it might make sense what he says", I want to let him talk in order to shut the stupid media down. he didn't killed those people because, like the media wants the people to believe, he was a "conservative", or a "fundamental christian" or "played video games".

that's what I meant. it's not about him, it's about the manipulative media. :wink:

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

got it now.

Despite how irrational the speech might be - it will shut up all the media guess-talk, hype, and slants. People will just see the man for the person he is, not for what the media will portray him as.

That makes sense. sorry it took a while to translate german to american thinking :-k

DNR
-

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

typical LEO response time:

"A 28-year-old barricaded gunman was found dead of a self-inflicted gunshot wound this afternoon following a 5-hour standoff with police near the area of M-59 and Van Dyke, according to Utica police.

Utica police were called to the man’s residence on the 45000 block of Brownell about 10:30 a.m. after his 21-year-old girlfriend went to the police station to file a report that he had pointed a gun at her during an argument inside of the home.

Officers responded to the home but were unable to make contact with the gunman, police Chief David Faber said in a news release. Police had been warned by the woman that the man had weapons inside.

Utica police called the Macomb County Sheriff’s SWAT team for assistance in resolving the standoff. SWAT members entered the home about 3:30 p.m. and found the gunman deceased, Faber said in the release."

5 fuckin hours. These guys can gear up in level IIIa armor, with a ballistic sheild, flashbangs, and submachine guns in 20 minutes. Yet, command and control still takes 5 hours to give the "go' command.

Again, more and more experience in my life - shows you better do everything you can to prevent being a victim - help can be late or non-existant, criminals have rights, and they have a 50/50 chance of not being caught and convicted. when the shit hits the fan you better be able to count on yourself.

DNR
-