HELP ON E-LIBRARY

Stuff that don´t fit in the other categories.
intern3t
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

HELP ON E-LIBRARY

Post by intern3t »

i was given a project on my masters program:

(1) Design and implementation of e-library

(2) Secure screening system for student identification.

(3) Interactive forum for student and staff.

(4) Adaptive programming model for fault tolerant distributed computing.

(5) A secured web-based student information system.

(6) A social network based e-learning system.

I need help on the easiest way to start.please just reply on any platform you know will be easier.please i really need help because each time i look at this project,my brain keeps restarting like a dead pc.lol.
thanks to the honorable staff and members

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Re: HELP ON E-LIBRARY

Post by DNR »

pretty much what suck-o is, an e-library, with interactive forum, plus private message. You have privileges assigned for backroom and VIP section.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

intern3t

Post by intern3t »

ok,good reply dnr.i thinks suck makes use of joomla right?or is it a word press coz i will like to go with the suck-o platform.

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

Lets break down the project :

"(1) Design and implementation of e-library

(2) Secure screening system for student identification.

(3) Interactive forum for student and staff.

(4) Adaptive programming model for fault tolerant distributed computing.

(5) A secured web-based student information system.

(6) A social network based e-learning system."

1,2,3,5, and 6 are simply the web application you choose, wordpress, joomla, whatever.

#4 is your planning of the website, redundancy is fault tolerance. they want to see how the site can mange the load of users, have a fail-over in case one server goes down - so school is not interupted. This is a matter of webhosting - if you will use the school network, then you have a backup server ready to come online in case the #1 server goes down or reaches a level of congestion. the backup server is simply a copy, that will use the database server of the site to be up to date. The database server is the critical unit, if you lose the database, neither server will work. So come up with a RAID system to protect the data being stored on the DB.

This project sounds like a content based site, you want it easy to find and catalog information - save the flashy graphics and layout for last. Do not overdo the sub folders.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.