Crap explorer.exe

Problems? Post here...
Post Reply
User avatar
Laguna
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: 19 Jul 2006, 16:00
15

Crap explorer.exe

Post by Laguna »

Damn it i got a problem with explorer.exe no this is not Internet explorer
but windows explorer i have formated my computer so 3 times because it keep giving me explorer.exe error what am i going to do ?? i tried reinstalling windows countless times and i still get the same error. :x

User avatar
CommonStray
Forum Assassin
Forum Assassin
Posts: 1214
Joined: 20 Aug 2005, 16:00
15

Post by CommonStray »

what kind of error are you getting? whats the error code?

did you try ending the process explorer.exe and then re-opening it with task manager...

are you using a cracked copy of windows or a bought copy?

User avatar
Laguna
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: 19 Jul 2006, 16:00
15

Post by Laguna »

CircuitB0mB wrote:what kind of error are you getting? whats the error code?

did you try ending the process explorer.exe and then re-opening it with task manager...

are you using a cracked copy of windows or a bought copy?
If i try ending explorer i cant see anything except the back ground behind .
I am using a cracked copy of windows . HATE that damn error it just say explorer .exe encounter an error and need to be closed . :twisted:

d10b
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Posts: 159
Joined: 05 Nov 2005, 17:00
15
Location: Saint Paul, MN
Contact:

There's your problem right there.

Post by d10b »

Laguna wrote:
CircuitB0mB wrote:what kind of error are you getting? whats the error code?

did you try ending the process explorer.exe and then re-opening it with task manager...

are you using a cracked copy of windows or a bought copy?
If i try ending explorer i cant see anything except the back ground behind .
I am using a cracked copy of windows . HATE that damn error it just say explorer .exe encounter an error and need to be closed . :twisted:
Get a legitimate copy of windows or use an open source OS.
``The true voyage of discovery lies not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes``

User avatar
Laguna
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: 19 Jul 2006, 16:00
15

Post by Laguna »

errr what is the difference between a legitimate and a cracked windows ??:P

User avatar
sternbildchen
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Posts: 421
Joined: 26 Apr 2006, 16:00
15
Location: Germany

Post by sternbildchen »

For one you pay and the other one is illegal. :D

User avatar
bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner
Posts: 11598
Joined: 06 Apr 2005, 16:00
16
Location: The zone.
Contact:

Post by bad_brain »

got any errors during install? if yes try a different CD drive. if this not helps the CD itself could be damaged or the data has been corrupted, I´ve seen a cracked XP version already which denied the install of any virus scanner....cracked apps are usually not distributed because the people are sooo nice and friendly, they are used to spread malware....
if you can´t afford to buy XP (or find a good version *coughs*) it might be a good opportunity to get into Linux... :wink:


umm...to prevent trouble please don´t ask now where to get a "good version"... :lol: :wink:

User avatar
LaBlueGirl
Suckopithicus chickasaurus
Suckopithicus chickasaurus
Posts: 513
Joined: 22 Mar 2006, 17:00
15
Location: Brussel
Contact:

.

Post by LaBlueGirl »

Did you search Microsoft.com for your error message?
"Hey, Crash!
Ever tried walking with no legs?

It's real slow!"
~Crunch, Crash Bandicoot TTR

User avatar
Laguna
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: 19 Jul 2006, 16:00
15

Re: .

Post by Laguna »

LaBlueGirl wrote:Did you search Microsoft.com for your error message?
Err no 8O

User avatar
CommonStray
Forum Assassin
Forum Assassin
Posts: 1214
Joined: 20 Aug 2005, 16:00
15

Post by CommonStray »

try what LBG said, or since youve got a cracked version of WIN try downloading a different one, when your in that blank screen where all you see is background, you can still punch CTRL + ALT +DEL to get the task manager, then you just restart explorer.exe

d10b
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Posts: 159
Joined: 05 Nov 2005, 17:00
15
Location: Saint Paul, MN
Contact:

Isnt it obvious.

Post by d10b »

Laguna wrote:errr what is the difference between a legitimate and a cracked windows ??:P
One will work for sure and one is pirated software which could contain any number of viruses, trojans, keyloggers, etc.
``The true voyage of discovery lies not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes``

User avatar
Laguna
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: 19 Jul 2006, 16:00
15

Post by Laguna »

CircuitB0mB wrote:try what LBG said, or since youve got a cracked version of WIN try downloading a different one, when your in that blank screen where all you see is background, you can still punch CTRL + ALT +DEL to get the task manager, then you just restart explorer.exe
How do i restart the explorer.exe ?

User avatar
Gogeta70
^_^
^_^
Posts: 3274
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 16:00
16

Post by Gogeta70 »

In task manager, on the first tab near the bottom, there should be a button that says "New Task..." click it, then a small box will pop up. If there's anything in it, clear it. Then type in "explorer". That should do it.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

d10b
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Posts: 159
Joined: 05 Nov 2005, 17:00
15
Location: Saint Paul, MN
Contact:

Post by d10b »

Laguna wrote:
CircuitB0mB wrote:try what LBG said, or since youve got a cracked version of WIN try downloading a different one, when your in that blank screen where all you see is background, you can still punch CTRL + ALT +DEL to get the task manager, then you just restart explorer.exe
How do i restart the explorer.exe ?
end task from the processes tab in your task manager, it'll reload itself
``The true voyage of discovery lies not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes``

Post Reply