Asus Transfomer

Computer Hardware and electronics in general.
ayu
Staff
Staff

Asus Transfomer

Post by ayu »

I have been thinking a lot about the pros and cons of having a pad.
At the beginning when the iPad came, I didn't even consider it, as the iPad was the one with the best performance at that time, and I burn my fingers from the demonic powers when I touch an Apple product.

Anyway, so the Asus Transformer was released a little while ago.
And my netbook is getting old and rusty, so I have been thinking about getting something new.

I guy from Dell came to our office at my work a few days ago to fix my working computer, and although he managed to break the computer even more, leaving me with a piece of crap computer that couldn't be used for anything but smashing people in the face, he was nice to talk to and he had an Asus Transformer with him, that I got to play him.
So I am absolutely not mad or anything, for him not being able to fix the machine :)

Anyway, so the Transformer runs Android Honeycomb 3.0 and the 3G version runs 3.1.
The one he had was without 3G (I haven't decided yet which one I want, depends on the payment plans for 3G here, but seeing as I can't really see myself sitting in a park with a $500 surfing pad, it will most likely be the one without 3G, and I can just use my phone as a hotspot in case of emergencies).

I only tried surfing on it, but it was extremely smooth in everything I did, and I even went to a website that I know uses up an extreme amount of CPU, I didn't notice the slightest drop in performance.

Here's a nice comaparison that I found between the Transformer and the iPad 2.
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

str33tl0rd
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Re: Asus Transfomer

Post by str33tl0rd »

Hi Cats,

I have a transformer myself. It's a wonderful device to have with the android platform. Though, rumour has it that the second version is coming out soon with almost double the power, better graphics card featuring the new Android Ice Cream Sandwich. Tbh when I heard about number 2 I regretted for not waiting, but I bet you can wait:

http://www.transformerforums.com/forum/ ... t-nov.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A fools mind is at the mercy of his tongue and a wise mans tongue is under the control of his mind.~ Imam Ali (A.S)

ayu
Staff
Staff

Re: Asus Transfomer

Post by ayu »

str33tl0rd wrote:I have a transformer myself. It's a wonderful device to have with the android platform. Though, rumour has it that the second version is coming out soon with almost double the power, better graphics card featuring the new Android Ice Cream Sandwich. Tbh when I heard about number 2 I regretted for not waiting, but I bet you can wait:

http://www.transformerforums.com/forum/ ... t-nov.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Oh that's really cool! :D
Can't wait until they release more info.
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"