Document/Manual managament system

All about creating websites!
ayu
Staff
Staff

Document/Manual managament system

Post by ayu »

A customer I am currently working for, has a system which I have concluded is completely retarded and useless, and I have decided to make them change to a better one.
For their new CMS I am going to present Joomla, as it's easy for them to manage and easy for me to update for them when vulnerabilities emerge from the depths of hell.

But there is one problem.
They have a document system built into their current CMS (not a public kind of system, so you can't google it. It was made by the company where I work).
The whole crappy system is built in ASP and the document system that they really need is the only thing stopping me from switching them over the open source solutions (thus saving them a pile of money).

The document system has these features at the moment:

* You can upload and manage documents
* You can create pages in one language, then translate it to different languages
* These pages can be put together into different manuals, like for example if you create one page about a special machine, and you have two products that uses this machine or technique, then you can reuse that page for both of those manuals, and if you have it translated once for one manual, you wont have to translate it again if you include it in another manual or document later.

Is there any kind of system like this in Open Source and preferably in PHP?
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Document/Manual managament system

Post by computathug »

cats wrote:The document system has these features at the moment:

* You can upload and manage documents
* You can create pages in one language, then translate it to different languages
* These pages can be put together into different manuals, like for example if you create one page about a special machine, and you have two products that uses this machine or technique, then you can reuse that page for both of those manuals, and if you have it translated once for one manual, you wont have to translate it again if you include it in another manual or document later.

Is there any kind of system like this in Open Source and preferably in PHP?
Is this basically a CRM with translation abilities?
The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose.
-- William Shakespeare, "The Merchant of Venice"
https://tshirt-memes.com