Sometimes you get what you ask for.

Our very own fight club!
floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Sometimes you get what you ask for.

Post by floodhound2 »

RANT!!!!

I started a Electronics Engineering consulting business the beginning of this year as some of you may already know. I engineer electronic circuits, design PCBs and write firmware. Well to make a long story short I got what I wanted. I am so busy with all this, that I created a monster I wish I never created. I mean its horrible, don't get me wrong the cash is great (well most will go to taxes) but my personal life has suffered in so many ways. I miss suck-o and just "time" in general. I have no fucking time to do anything but work. Ergh! I want out!!!!!

Lesson learned - think twice, no, make that ten times before making a decision of this caliber.

Peace
₣£ΘΘĐĦΘŮŇĐ

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Sometimes you get what you ask for.

Post by computathug »

Sometimes we make them sacrifices and then we must ask if we made the right ones. Sometimes they are and sometimes they are not. Life is about being happy not being a slave to the system.

As long as you are happy and your family are happy thats all that matters ;)
The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose.
-- William Shakespeare, "The Merchant of Venice"
https://tshirt-memes.com

lonewolf
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by lonewolf »

I fully understand.
I have a equipment repair business that I am in the process of closing out for the same reason. I decided to make a career change and am now in Georgia training for a new career. I guess I will see where this rabbit hole takes me.

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

somethings come and go, I have opened and closed several businesses myself.
I had a vehicle security company that offered mobile services - I would do alarms on their cars and trucks at their home or business. They didn't have to wait around some stereo shop showroom.
But when it came time to expand, i could not find anyone I trusted to hire. I put brand new cars in their hands - which could easily be damaged expensively by probing the wrong wires. I have seen people butcher a prime brand new Jaguar's ECM cable or hack a BMW's wires with no idea what they were for. It was good timing, I went to college after i closed the business.

I did (do) contract stuff, things that might only take a day or two to fix - security work, computer and network work, etc. I liked the idea of short business, as I get bored easily.

You can also just say 'no' - turn customers away that don't make you happy - thats the cool thing about being self employed.

DN
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.