NEW PROJECT: Accounting Management Database Information

Stuff that don´t fit in the other categories.
intern3t
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

NEW PROJECT: Accounting Management Database Information

Post by intern3t »

I am working on a project which i will like you all to review.i just need a summary of what you guys think is the right thing to do and some advices.thanks

Company Products:
The company has three(3) major products customers can buy.
1. The first product is a short term product that matures after three months
2. The second product is a long term investment that matures after three years
3. The third is like a micro finance product with its own maturity at 3 months
Short term Plan
1. One slot a customer can buy costs 30,000. Here, a customer can buy up to 10 slots
2. After 3 months, the customer would earn 3,500 as dividend for each slot he/she bought. The dividend increases as slots increases
3. Now,for each slot 500 from the 3,500 dividends would be switched automatically to the company’s service charge database while the remaining 3000 would be claimed by the customer from the bank he/she used to make the initial deposit during registration for the first time.
4. The customer may request that his/her accured dividend at maturity, be carried over for the purchase of more dividend
5. If the customer could buy up to 5lots at a time, he/she is supposed to buy atleast one long term investment plan
Long term Plan
1. One slot a customer can buy costs 30,000. Here, a customer can buy up to 10 slots
2. After 3 years, the customer would earn 160,000 as dividend for each slot he/she bought. The dividend increases as slots increases
3. Now,for each slot purchased, 2% of the 160,000 dividends would be switched automatically to the company’s service charge database while the remaining balance would be claimed by the customer from the bank he/she used to make the initial deposit during registration for the first time.
4. The customer may request that his/her accured dividend at maturity, be carried over for the purchase of more dividend
When should a fresh customer come in to purchase the product
For the fact that any interested persons can come at any time of the day, week , month, year for the purchase, the company has what they call BatchA and BatchB customers.

Batch A Customers:
1. A customer is grouped under Batch A if he/she comes to registers for the first time between 28th of that month till 14th of the next month
2. They would like to monitor the interest or dividends per day for each customer
3. Although the dividends has been made to be static (3,500 for short plan, 160,000 for long plan), the customer can only go for dividends claim as from 15th of the maturity month
4. The claim cheque or document the company will print for the customer would contain the following information
a. The customer’s name (He must be the depositor at the bank from the registration day)
b. Name of the bank used by the customer
c. The Accured amount to be claimed
d. The Account details of the company

Batch B Customers:
1. A customer is grouped under Batch B if he/she comes to registers for the first time between 15th of that month till 28th of the next month
2. Options 2, 3, and 4 above on batch A also are considered here but can only go for dividend claim as from 29th of the maturity month

B. Other Important Rquirements for the database

1. A fresh form to capture new customers into the database
2. Active database of all their transcations
3. The Database should have a way of searching for a particular record based on the criteria that would be defined later
4. Being able to edit and update records in the database
5. It is expected that all these percentages and amounts mentioned above, should be automatically generated by the software
6. The Service chargelink should be in such a way that sorting can easily be done which ever way the comany wants to do that wrt the fields on the service charege database
C. Original Accounting Managment Software

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Re: NEW PROJECT: Accounting Management Database Information

Post by bad_brain »

phew...I am not a banker, so some stuff is a little over my head. :oops:

but I can say some things about the technical side. first of all it is quite clear that this needs a very tight security, and if there is a decent amount of users it also needs a server with a decent performance because of the intensive database activity....I would even recommend to outsource the database to a 2nd server for the sake of performance and security (of course not right from the beginning, this would be an overkill).

if this project is about to be realized and you need advice about the setup feel free to ask me... :wink:

intern3t

Post by intern3t »

it wont need much security as it will be ethernet based not web based.thanks for your concern.

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

intern3t wrote:it wont need much security as it will be ethernet based not web based.thanks for your concern.
Famous last words.:) I think that you might want to consider this heavily. Even people on the network can bring it down (even unknown to them) and if this is okay then you will be right.

Looks like a good project keep us posted please.
₣£ΘΘĐĦΘŮŇĐ

intern3t

Post by intern3t »

i have finally gotten the right starting point,it will take me 2 months to finish the project.thanks for ur concern @floodhound2,if i have any problem along the line,i will post it here.thanks@all