gee....commercial software sucks!

Our very own fight club!
bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

gee....commercial software sucks!

Post by bad_brain »

got a complaint from a customer about "spam mails" today, I found some in the mail log, but actually not enough for a complaint....but well, I banned the sender addresses.
a little later a new message from the customer telling me he still gets spam....this time I figured out he means "spam through the website contact form".
the website was not done by me, it's just hosted on my server.....after I've been able to log in to the website administration I tried to edit the comment form. there was a "verification" field already, and the needed string was "I am a human", at least that's what they announced....but I found out it's actually just a text field that is marked as "needed", so you could enter anything in there and it would have been accepted, the only thing that would reject the message would have been an empty field...DUH! #-o

ok, so as half-way modern internet user you would think "place a captcha then!"....but there wasn't even an option for this. 349 GBP and no captcha for contact forms? #-o

I've set up a drop-down box now, added 1 option there, marked it as "needed" and hope bots will not be able to figure that out... :roll:

that's the ridiculous software btw: http://www.emedia.uk.com/websitepublisher/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:roll:

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Re: gee....commercial software sucks!

Post by DNR »

nice story!

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Re: gee....commercial software sucks!

Post by computathug »

Hmmmm i know what site you mean, and cheers for that buddy :wink:
The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose.
-- William Shakespeare, "The Merchant of Venice"
https://tshirt-memes.com