DPMS Panther by DNR

Hobbies that have no own category (yet).
DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

DPMS Panther by DNR

Post by DNR »

Another fun report by the DNR...

my bugout bag and dropleg pouch seen. I prefer the Mag Well Grip vs the vertical grip. Red Dot optic installed. Iron sight front is folded down.

dropleg pouch is a quick and easy way to carry mags. I also installed a stripper clip tool on it for 'quick' reloads of mags. The pouch can hold loose ammo or stripper clips.

Laser sight is ziptied and fits snug. Pressure trigger for laser is mounted on the Mag Well grip. Vertical grip installed.

Stock is enhanced FAB with cheekweld riser for scope use. Here you can see in collapsed position, the bolt can still be cycled - T-style handle left in position as example.

Front sight (and rear not shown) flip up in case of optics failure. I plan to install these with a 45 degree rail mount - I'll cant the rifle for CQB. I kept all the gear compact and close to the rifle.

Mag Well Grip was designed for Colt M4, so zipties were used to secure the back part of the grip. Note larger Magpul trigger guard.

For shooting all day, rapid fire/hot guns, tactical/practical drills - you want gloves. I do like the cheap full finger gloves, I can reload clips while wearing them.

Still more gear coming - scope, bipod, 45 degree rail mounts, rear iron sights, and ?
--

Range report later as I find a suitable range!
Ammunition obtained - M855 green tips, M855 clone (ball, no steel), M193, M856 (tracer). already 400+ rounds put through the rifle with no FTF or FTE. POS sight - SightMark finally died after 1 year of use

Range obtained for testing - indoor, 100yd, 300 yd and 600yd!

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

maboroshi
Dr. Mab
Dr. Mab

Re: DPMS Panther by DNR

Post by maboroshi »

Fuck dude thats awesome

Remind me not to catch you by surprise in a dark alley way.

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

lol, remember - my toys are your toys, so drop by some day.

As far as dark places and suprises, yea bad idea. I tend to react badly to suprises, meaning it turns out badly for someone else. lol.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

maboroshi wrote:Fuck dude thats awesome

Remind me not to catch you by surprise in a dark alley way.
lol, amen to that xD
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

Hiked today

DNR
-

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

really love that pic...tough guy with cute doggie... :)

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

bad_brain wrote:really love that pic...tough guy with cute doggie... :)

Indeed that's a very adorable dog : D
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

My Boston Terrorist. :)

I have to find a clip for my Molle' Vest to attach the dog to when we have to run and gun. She is too slow. I thought about one of those baby vest you wear and carry the baby on your back lol. Add another 15 pounds to my gear.
But, she does not have a problem with guns going off near her. It seems she wants to follow me out on the range while I am shooting.

DNR
-

joebox
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by joebox »

Nice set up. Are you in the military?
Award winning Unlimited Web Hosting
$1.81/month http://www.topratedhostservice.com
3 free domains | $100.00 Free advertising credits | Free Custom website design

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

Not mil, but LE. I was fortunate to hang out with SRT/SWAT, be on a police pistol team, be a crime lab assistant, and teach as a part of a police academy. I help create the first computer crime lab in this area.
Back before there were digital cameras, I figured out a way to use a full sized video camera (you know with the VHS tapes!) and a PC with a video frame grabber to capture finger prints recovered. carefully enlarging the image made it easier to match with a card, and it started the first digital medium of saving fingerprints. About 2 years later, digital cameras came about - $600 each and we suggested local PDs to use one that saved to a 1.44 floppy. I worked on the cases of Deanna Seifert and - whats her name with the cut off head stored in the freezer...(too early this am to separate the living from the dead.)
I am skilled in Blood Spatter, Tool Marks, fingerprints, crime scene sketches (using various software), photography, Laser/Alternative Light Source. The teacher would frequently split and leave me and another assistant to run the classroom.
Here I am demonstrating magnetic fingerprint powder to a visiting little school class
I also worked cool security jobs, beach patrol, marina patrol, private residential patrols, and commercial. I later graduated to computer and networking. then medical. I am retired disabled at 44. I am about to be certified NRA Range Officer and hopefully be given the keys to the '3 Gun/Zombie Match' clubhouse soon. I hope to leave all this shit behind and go work with C-thug in Bali for a while.

DNR
-

joebox

Post by joebox »

DNR wrote:Not mil, but LE. I was fortunate to hang out with SRT/SWAT, be on a police pistol team, be a crime lab assistant, and teach as a part of a police academy. I help create the first computer crime lab in this area.
Back before there were digital cameras, I figured out a way to use a full sized video camera (you know with the VHS tapes!) and a PC with a video frame grabber to capture finger prints recovered. carefully enlarging the image made it easier to match with a card, and it started the first digital medium of saving fingerprints. About 2 years later, digital cameras came about - $600 each and we suggested local PDs to use one that saved to a 1.44 floppy. I worked on the cases of Deanna Seifert and - whats her name with the cut off head stored in the freezer...(too early this am to separate the living from the dead.)
I am skilled in Blood Spatter, Tool Marks, fingerprints, crime scene sketches (using various software), photography, Laser/Alternative Light Source. The teacher would frequently split and leave me and another assistant to run the classroom.
Here I am demonstrating magnetic fingerprint powder to a visiting little school class
I also worked cool security jobs, beach patrol, marina patrol, private residential patrols, and commercial. I later graduated to computer and networking. then medical. I am retired disabled at 44. I am about to be certified NRA Range Officer and hopefully be given the keys to the '3 Gun/Zombie Match' clubhouse soon. I hope to leave all this shit behind and go work with C-thug in Bali for a while.

DNR
Your fingerprint creation is similar to my ocr project. Must of been a challenge with the technology back then. I figured you had some type of background in weapons with your selection. I re call more then a few severed heads in a freezer god bless there souls. Who's c-thug?
Award winning Unlimited Web Hosting
$1.81/month http://www.topratedhostservice.com
3 free domains | $100.00 Free advertising credits | Free Custom website design

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

he is around, when he is not in Bali.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This video shows why training is very important - reloads and malfunctions is what cost people the most time. It is easy to spot the weekend warriors - the ones that don't handle their guns much or practice.

DNR
-

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

oh yea, the dead always come back - it was Stephanie Dubay

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=Xm ... %2C1183104" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

DNR
-