backtrack fans

Don´t be shy, Linux is fun! =)
Kirk
suck-o enforcer
suck-o enforcer

backtrack fans

Post by Kirk »

Here is a cool repository for, what it seems, everything backtrack does or has tested, or put out, etc.....

http://all.repository.backtrack-linux.org/

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Re: backtrack fans

Post by bad_brain »

nice find, pretty extensive list already... :)

Kirk
suck-o enforcer
suck-o enforcer

Post by Kirk »

Its one of their repositories for when we do updates (apt-get update or apt-get upgrade or apt-get disp-upgrade). The more I look through it, I think there is software that they dont include in the disto. Im going to read the packages more when I have time to make sure.

Kirk

intern3t
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by intern3t »

nice one. =D> .thanks

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

@Kirk
yeah, it's definitely not a repository you can use alone to keep your system up to date.
you can always use multiple repositories at the same time, apt picks automatically the newer package version then. this CAN lead to problems sometimes, for example if an important core package is installed in a version that does not fit to the rest of the system.....then you end up with a LOT of packages being updated, and I can't say anything about how stable the versions in that repository are. in such a case you best cancel the update, comment out the repository in sources.list, update/upgrade again (so it uses the official repositories again)...and only install packages from the other repository if needed.

if you have time get into apt a little, it provides a lot of cool features like package pinning, this means you can set the used repository for single packages. ;)