Warrior Loadout

Hobbies that have no own category (yet).
DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Warrior Loadout

Post by DNR »

I am going to start a thread on a warrior loadout. While I am retired, I guess this loadout is to continue training, and of course be prepared for any scenario like doomsday.

This particular loadout is a gunfighter loadout, but it will have a medical bias - so I intend to carry gear as a medic. A gunfighter loadout is just that, being equipped for combat with firearms. A typical loadout is a primary and secondary weapon, with a sidearm. Knives and even grenades can be included.
This warrior plans to loadout with the 5.56mm rifle as the primary, a Remington 700 as secondary (or shotgun), and a glock 9mm sidearm.

That was the easy part, the hard part was designing the body armor. I guess my old days of combat - we never had body armor. Currently troops can loadout with various levels of body armor - the soft vest, the soft vest with plates, or the better vest - a plate carrier with standalone plates. Some troopers still go lightweight, some troopers go maxed out on armor, shoulder protection, groin protectors, even neck and face armor. But obviously the more heavily you are armored, the slower and harder it is for you to 'run and gun'.

I picked up the ceramic plates for the front and back - looks to stop 7.62mm, I can drop the plates during the light training, and install the plates during the heavy training. I wear the large 10"x 12.5 plates, both feel like they will add 25 pounds to my weight.

The glock will be chest mounted vs the drop leg carrier this time. the remington 700 in a drag bag. I figure to carry the standard 6 to 8 magazine pouches ( I am a small guy, so 6 mag pouch fits nicely)
6 mags = 180 rounds (+ 4 mags of 9mm, 64 rounds) and then either 80 rounds of 7.62 or 50 rounds of 12 gauge. I carry two fake hand grenades to simulate the weight of real ones. I brought MREs in the brown pack, again to simulate the weight you would carry in the field. I try to aim for the weight of about 80 lbs, so when I hike the range's 400+ acres prior to shooting, I am training with a realistic weight. It helps - when i carry light in a combat match - it is so easy then!

The loadout has at least three levels - to be realistic - i would almost never 'need' to carry the max loadout - hopefully doomsday will never happen! I train with it. The most realistic loadout would be a bugout bag with at least 2 of the guns, and maybe the molle' vest with one plate (front). If I was prepared, I could put together a level 2 bug out, but that is like planning a camping trip. I would then spec the loadout for what I was going to do - hunting, camping, or a shooting match.

Other gear is like binoculars, camera, batteries, water, lights, and the medical pack. The medical pack has a minor surgery kit, blood clotters, tourniquets, and even a staple gun for wounds. Oh yea - and I will need a carrier for a laptop...

BTW - MRE cheese is still brown.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.