Project Management Software [Idea Post]

Questions about programming languages and debugging
maboroshi
Dr. Mab
Dr. Mab

Project Management Software [Idea Post]

Post by maboroshi »

Me and ph0byx will be working on a project management platform which will be web based, we are hoping to create something really cool here and we are looking for ideas for this platform, also if anyone would like to work on it with us, that would be cool to.

So far our ideas consist of:
Create Categories Sub Categories for projects
We want to be able to create categories and sub categories for projects to go in to. User groups (I am thinking) will be based around having Coders and Designers (or whatever the user creates) and not mixing them. So Designers will have a different folder than coders, this I would assume would work in large companies.
Create Project assignments and completion of assigned tasks
We want to be able to accept tasks and assignments and complete them
Add client management and contacts (like a CRM).
The programmer or project manager needs to be able to contact the client at any given time throughout the project life cycle therefore we need a method to contact them. Client management could be keeping a database of clients
Time started and estimated finish on each individual project task
Start time on a task followed by entering an estimated finish. (For statistical reasons (later))
Create a Pseudo Code writer (with relationship/display to each task of the project)
Ability to write small pseudo code for each individual task. This will allow juniors to understand what needs to be done more

Other things will also be tasks, notes on tasks, notes on projects, notes on clients, date posted, edit functions, deleted functions, upload project files.
Create a timer.
This will be a timer that monitors hours working on any individual task. It will more than likely be a small app that you download
Ability to calculate hours
We want the ability to calculate hours, estimated hours and compare the two using graphs and things for the admin/companies

Anyway that's all the ideas I have I am looking for your ideas, post them if yoiu have any *cheers

Maboroshi

visser
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Re: Project Management Software [Idea Post]

Post by visser »

2 things.

1. I like it, and I am going to just shoot a random shot in the dark here and guess you will be building it with web2py?

2. How do you feel about SCRUM? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scrum_(development) Using something like that and creating a project management software that follows some of those ideals would be a real winner in my book. I have used a handful of project management software and none of them had any type of structure to it past the inherent "projects have users and parts".

Regardless you are on the right track which has me really sad I cant joint this project. Money is the root of all evil.
AKA Scottyrabbit

software engineers unite!

//When my words are remembered its because my actions were loud enough.

ph0bYx
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by ph0bYx »

visser wrote: Regardless you are on the right track which has me really sad I cant joint this project. Money is the root of all evil.
Oh don't worry, you can join us, we don't have money :D

visser

Post by visser »

HaHa no i more mean:

I want to do the fun projects with friends who are just trying to learn. I dont want to do these projects where I get calls from clients on a daily basis "hey hows the website coming" lol

Ill have to hit you guys up in a couple of weeks. but right now im building the back end for my company soooo yeaaaaa lol
AKA Scottyrabbit

software engineers unite!

//When my words are remembered its because my actions were loud enough.

maboroshi
Dr. Mab
Dr. Mab

Post by maboroshi »

SCRUM! I like the idea of it, I also like the idea of building a project workflow rather than just a project management software. That's where a lot of those apps fail imo as well. I will discuss this with ph0byx but I like the idea.

*cheers

Mabo

z3r0aCc3Ss

Post by z3r0aCc3Ss »

1) Milestone achiever
2) Earned value analysis (ACWP, BCWP, BCWS, SPI, CPI, etc...)
3) Ratio calculation
4) % risk calculation

Cost Performance Index (CPI) = BCWP / ACWP
Budgeted Cost of Work Performed (BCWP) = CPI x ACWP
Actual Cost of Work Performed (ACWP) = BCWP / CPI
Budgeted Cost of Work Scheduled (BCWS) = BCWP / SPI
Schedule Performance Index (SPI) = BCWP / BCWS
Beta tester for major RATs, all kinds of stealers and keyloggers.
Learning NMAP

maboroshi
Dr. Mab
Dr. Mab

Post by maboroshi »

Nice additions z3r0! Will look into those a bit further.

Lundis
Distorter of Reality
Distorter of Reality

Post by Lundis »

I can test it later when you've got something somewhat usable up and running :P