SMS Channel

Phone stuff....
Broken Angel
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

SMS Channel

Post by Broken Angel »

Hello everyone, I recently bought two franchise in my city :D \:D/ \:D/ yeah m so happy about it that m finally earning something.

I was thinking of making a SMS Channel so that I can send messages about the offers and discounts to our customers especially with their names (Only First Names) that'll just add a personal touch and it actually helps when I get suck messages. The Company are lousy and they don't have a system abt it yet but I'll try and convince them to make one :D but till then anyone has any idea abt it?

I looked at Google one but they dont allow you to add instant entries I think. Also I would like it to be linked so that I can directly enter it and it goes in the DB and thus the thing is done.
*thumb*

EDIT: Also M sorry but this Topic should be posted in Business/Promotion section I guess?

EDIT 2: Emma need help please
God Blessed Me With Forgiveness And I Forgive You With My Revenge...!

-Broken Angel

Broken Angel

Re: SMS Channel

Post by Broken Angel »

-__- Emma need help

-Broken Angel

Broken Angel

Re: SMS Channel (Help)

Post by Broken Angel »

Guys anyone know anything? Please help me out. ](*,) :? :?

-Broken Angel

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

Well if you don't want to use Googles then I guess building one is a good one of solving it, as I can't seem to find any other on the net that are eye catching.

I found this though, thought it might be of help

Code: Select all

http://pcquest.ciol.com/content/Developer/2012/112032001.asp
But overall I don't think it's very hard to build one yourself, as connecting SIM cards to the computer and sending messages has been around for a while, so there should be a lot of documentation on it.
If you need help in how you should send the messages then I might be able to give you some info, as one of our customers needed that implemented a while ago, so we should have some docs on it.

Who's Emma btw?
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

Broken Angel

Post by Broken Angel »

Emma :P It means me ;) and yeah I would like to know that.

What I wanted to know was how to make a db out of the data given to me by the customers so that I can use it and add more everyday to it.

Also I didn't get the part about the sim card thingy.

Also I want to know how are others using it, I get messages from diff companies and I get jealous that I can't use it for no reason at all =_=
How do they add ppl and send texts :(

-Broken Angel

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

Broken Angel wrote:Emma :P It means me ;) and yeah I would like to know that.

What I wanted to know was how to make a db out of the data given to me by the customers so that I can use it and add more everyday to it.

Also I didn't get the part about the sim card thingy.

Also I want to know how are others using it, I get messages from diff companies and I get jealous that I can't use it for no reason at all =_=
How do they add ppl and send texts :(

I will get back to you on this, but it might take some time as I am currently away on a work related trip.
Will come home on Friday, and then I can get access to the stuff you want.

Broken Angel

Post by Broken Angel »

Ermmm....

-Broken Angel

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

Broken Angel wrote:Ermmm....

hehe, haven't been able to get the things you wanted :-)
The code which it belongs to is under NDA so not sure if I'm allowed to touch it.
Been a busy couple of weeks so I will see what I can do.

I recommend that you keep looking though.

Broken Angel

Post by Broken Angel »

Ok sir I shall be looking at it and here is company that is offering me the services that I need but I am very confused about it too. Also when I can do it on my own I shall not try and depend on someone else as the place is full of people who are not willing to do work even when you pay them so...

BTW M also still clueless about anything of it... here is the mail details attached please guide.

Well me being an Indian was not able to understand what he was trying to say 8O

The Quotations:

Dear Sir/Madam
VLN Solutions                                                      					 Mob. 9716048246

Date …4/07/2012

We hereby express our wish to be associated with you to fulfill your needs of premium Bulk Massaging. Here, we would like to mention feathers that we offer as a part of our Bulk SMS packages.

SMS Credits
Price
Validity
Total Amount
10 lakh
Life time
35000/- Rs

Email Credits
Price
Validity
Total Amount
10 lakh
one month
20000/- Rs

·         View your credit details any time.
·         Delivery Reports.
·         Instant Massage delivery.
·         Over 50,000 SMS can be sent at one go.
·         Credits can be updated within an hour of payment realization.
·         Dynamic Massaging allowing you to send Personalized massages to all.
·         Option of phone book uploading in CSV & txt format.
·         Option for saving your sender’s list.
·         Group wise phone book.
·         Saving Templates.
·         Payment terms 100% advance.
·         Site Name http://www.vlnsolution.in 
Site Name www.vlnsolution.in

SMS Caster Prices 4000/- Rs. Install  Each Install Computer 

Data free 
Thank you for your time. We will be most happy to entertain any of queries. For any further information please don’t hesitate to contact us or call our Representative to explain in detail.
For VLN Solutions
Enterprise Messaging

Demo Detail
www.vlnsolution.in
user - vlndemo
passward- demo@123

Regards 
VLNSOLUTIONS

Vijay Kumar Gupta

My reply:

I would like to know more about how your SMS Caster works. Also how
many db can we maintain in one Caster.
Also tell me what are the charges for the SMS if we use Caster and if
we are buying SMS as per yous quotations will I need to use a SIM for
that or not?
Would also like to know if I need a SIM for the Caster or not?

Regards,
XXXXXXXXXXXX

(Partner)
Comford Utilities.
His Epic Reply with awesome English please note the grammer that has been used ](*,)

dear sir
sms caster per computer rate 
SMS Caster Prices 4000/- Rs. Install  Each Install Computer 
used many sim your mob 
send sms unlimited
thanks
Last edited by DNR on 18 Jul 2012, 04:38, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: real name blocked out

-Broken Angel

pseudo_opcode
cyber messiah
cyber messiah

Post by pseudo_opcode »

From the emails you have quoted,
you have purchased bulk SMS, from a sms gateway service provider.

What you need is, look at your provider's knowledge base, if it does not exist, ask support for the API.

Then its really simple, you can code your own application, and make it do whatever you want, what you want to do is very simple and can be setup in like 20 minutes, once you have an understanding of API.
Broken Angel wrote: Ok sir I shall be looking at it and here is company that is offering me the services that I need but I am very confused about it too. Also when I can do it on my own I shall not try and depend on someone else as the place is full of people who are not willing to do work even when you pay them so...
That's not true, you just haven't or don't know how to find the right person. But its always better to do what you can do on your own.

pseudo_opcode
cyber messiah
cyber messiah

Post by pseudo_opcode »

Also, the database you are talking about,

I would say, your database grows when users themselves enroll or subscribe, for that you have to do some marketing, SEO, SMO. And some offline old-fashioned marketing too.

Apart from that there are two other ways you can add more users to your database.
1. Use web scrapers to leech phone numbers of web, popular websites targeted leeching etc.
2. Buy database of users from someone - simply pay them to sell you the database, which you can add.

The two things are mentioned above are frowned upon, and everyone hates spam, i don't know what you are doing or trying to do, but whatever you do, make sure you dont spam.

Broken Angel

Post by Broken Angel »

Abt the thing that I want to detail is that I dont need a huge database for my shop it's a local shop and ti has only local customers within the particular area of like 2 sq km radius and nothing more than that.
I don't think I will be needing that kind f data mining for this shop, as for the Idea it indeed is one worth looking into.

About the SPAM part, ,well I'll not and I am not planning to SPAM anyone. The texts that I shall be sending will only be when I get new stock to my store or I get any discount schemes, and that too only to the ones who sign my Visitors Book. [-o<

I havent bought any plans yet I was just asking.... I wanted to know what he was offering me and also how can I get the API from him cause he basically has money and no ideas on how the things with it are working.

I would also like to know if I can make something like this and also will need the required resources for that

-Broken Angel

pseudo_opcode
cyber messiah
cyber messiah

Post by pseudo_opcode »

i apologize if it felt that way, but i did not mean to imply that you're intentions were to spam, like i said, i had no idea what you were doing or wanted to do.
Broken Angel wrote:I havent bought any plans yet I was just asking.... I wanted to know what he was offering me and also how can I get the API from him cause he basically has money and no ideas on how the things with it are working.
Who's "him" here?

If you havent bought plans already, i suggest you do it with provider, from the looks of it, it doesnt look like a very good provider, and support kinda sucks too, i have seen much better providers, who provide really convenient APIs along with sample code, and examples, which will be much easier for you. The cost difference will be negligible.
Broken Angel wrote:I would also like to know if I can make something like this and also will need the required resources for that
Make something like this? like your own sms gateway? If you mean to say that you want to interface your database/software with sending sms for your own personal use, you can just buy one of many available devices for that, and program.

If you want to provide service like this to others, you need to buy license, setup infrastructure, bribe officials etc. We're talking ridiculously expensive hardware here. Oh or you could buy it from an already established provider and resell it.

Broken Angel

Post by Broken Angel »

i apologize if it felt that way, but i did not mean to imply that you're intentions were to spam, like i said, i had no idea what you were doing or wanted to do.
It was just a misunderstanding on both of our parts I guess :?
Who's "him" here?

If you havent bought plans already, i suggest you do it with provider, from the looks of it, it doesnt look like a very good provider, and support kinda sucks too, i have seen much better providers, who provide really convenient APIs along with sample code, and examples, which will be much easier for you. The cost difference will be negligible.
'him' is the guy who is giving me the services that we are talking about

I havent brought plans already, and I would like to go for my own sim card and then use it as the sms charges are very low and they can't even stop my number by DND (DO NOT DISTURB) Scheme :P :evil: I thought of it later *thumb*
Make something like this? like your own sms gateway? If you mean to say that you want to interface your database/software with sending sms for your own personal use, you can just buy one of many available devices for that, and program.

If you want to provide service like this to others, you need to buy license, setup infrastructure, bribe officials etc. We're talking ridiculously expensive hardware here. Oh or you could buy it from an already established provider and resell it.
I would like to provide a service like this to others, yesterday the guy from the Company that I own the franchise of came to me and I told him I could arrange things like this for him. So he might give me an opportunity to work on a channel that the Store Owners from all over the country to send sms to the customers on the same line as I was talking about earlier. I am not so sure about the deal yet but yes he was interested. :-99

:mrgreen: *thumb*

P.S. MR GREEN is my fav smiley :mrgreen:

-Broken Angel

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Post by computathug »

Well you also have the choice of using Bluetooth Proximity Software too.
Proximity marketing is the localized wireless distribution of advertising content associated with a particular place. Transmissions can be received by individuals in that location who wish to receive them and have the necessary equipment to do so.
Distribution may be via a traditional localized broadcast, or more commonly is specifically targeted to devices known to be in a particular area.
The location of a device may be determined by:
A cellular phone being in a particular cell
A Bluetooth or WiFi device being within range of a transmitter.
An Internet enabled device with GPS enabling it to request localized content from Internet servers.
A NFC enabled phone can read a RFID chip on a product or media and launch localized content from internet servers.
Communications may be further targeted to specific groups within a given location, for example content in tourist hot spots may only be distributed to devices registered outside the local area.
Communications may be both time and place specific, e.g. content at a conference venue may depend on the event in progress.
Uses of proximity marketing include distribution of media at concerts, information (weblinks on local facilities), gaming and social applications, and advertising.

The advantage of this is you are marketing to people that are within range and more than likely already shopping and not sending sms to people who are miles away sat in their armchairs watching TV.

Also there are open source options available to use too, simply google for 'open source free proximity marketing software' and you should find a few results.

Here is one for you to take a look at.
*thumb*
The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose.
-- William Shakespeare, "The Merchant of Venice"
https://tshirt-memes.com