Gaming Tournament

About your favorite games!
Broken Angel
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Gaming Tournament

Post by Broken Angel »

Well I don't know if this should be in the Business Promotion section or not but sorry if it should be.

I want to organise a gaming tournament in my city nothing very big... something on a very small scale...
I don't know what are the legal requirements from my side that I need to fulfil for this. Also ppl in here like most of them out there use Pirated games for this and will this create a problem? 8O
God Blessed Me With Forgiveness And I Forgive You With My Revenge...!

-Broken Angel

ph0bYx
Staff Member
Staff Member

Re: Gaming Tournament

Post by ph0bYx »

Don't know about your country but here in Bosnia people organize small tournaments from time to time in their gaming caffe's. They just post on a gaming website and see if there are enough interested in it, they get to the town where the tournament is held, play it, have a good time and then go home, or stay the night.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

well, as long as it's not a huuuuge LAN party with hundreds or thousands of people where a lot of money is involved nobody will care if you use "original" games or not....but the best is, just for you to stay on the safe side, to print out a form with the rules of the tournament and let people sign it (you should do that anyway)...and one of the rules is like "please only use original games". if people do it or not is not your problem anymore then.

:wink:

pseudo_opcode
cyber messiah
cyber messiah

Post by pseudo_opcode »

oh i hav lan parties all the time, but its private and we all know each other, if you're going to do it in a public place, you have to be careful, if its gonna be somewhere in your basement or closed location, you could do anything you want, unless there is too much noise to wake up the neighbours.

What city are you planning on hosting it in?

Broken Angel

Post by Broken Angel »

City Ranchi Country India s the place that I am planning to host the tournament. I can assure that the ppl count shall not be more than 100 approx in any case. And the ppl in here don't bother about using Original games for playing.

What I am confused about is that I will be involving money in it and thus this can create a different scenario.

Having a party is a different concept when I will not be distributing the prize money to the winners and also it shall be in a close Office Space with not that lot of noise...
God Blessed Me With Forgiveness And I Forgive You With My Revenge...!

-Broken Angel