Hardware encrypted SSD

Computer Hardware and electronics in general.
ayu
Staff
Staff

Hardware encrypted SSD

Post by ayu »

I came across this the other day

Code: Select all

http://www.integralmemory.com/industrial-storage/encrypted-ssd/25-sata-encrypted-ssd/crypto-ssd-sata-ii-25
Which is really cool, and I really want to buy it to add an extra layer of security on my home system.
The problem with this is, that it says it only supports Windows (yeah, wtf?) and it supports a password between 8-16 characters long, which is kind of stupid.
Why add such a limitation on the password?
If they, as they say, are creating an SSD with military class security, then why wont they allow my 64 character long password?

Currently I use dm-crypt on Linux, but it has some limitations, like it takes too much time to write large amounts of data to the disk, and also it's sometimes a hassle to put together.

So what I want, is an SSD like the one I just described, with the following features AT LEAST
  • * Hardware encryption - AES 256 bit at minimum
    * The ability to destroy all the data when the wrong password has been entered too many times
    * Infinite password length, or at least between 8 and 1024 characters (I like my passwords to be long to create a painful huge key space)
    * Easy setup
    * Support for Linux (Only supporting Windows is 100% brainless, idiotic and stupid)
    * Made by a company not full of shit and secrets, and not a whore to some government that wants backdoors in the product
Anyone have any awesome ideas? =)
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

z3r0aCc3Ss
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Re: Hardware encrypted SSD

Post by z3r0aCc3Ss »

Yeah, read that. Its awesome... :)
Beta tester for major RATs, all kinds of stealers and keyloggers.
Learning NMAP