Securing documents

Stuff that don´t fit in the other categories.
z3r0aCc3Ss
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Securing documents

Post by z3r0aCc3Ss »

I have created a dictionary and I want to give the demo to some company before publishing it. It's in .docx and .pdf format.
My question is, how do I secure the documents? I do not want anyone to copy them in any case. As you know, company people are thieves. They'll take your content and publish it as their own.
These are the following ways I can think of:
1) Put password to open those files.
2) Put the watermark on every page.
3) Encrypt the file (in such a way that, every time you close the file, it should get encrypted automatically and every time you open the file, it should ask for proper key/password combination.)
4) Use TrueCrypt

I am doubtful with options 3 and 4. 1 and 2 are very easy, but they can be broken easily even by a n00b.
Which are other strong security measures for securing your documents?

One more question: Can I make such a provision by which files cannot be copied from my USB drive to any source?
Beta tester for major RATs, all kinds of stealers and keyloggers.
Learning NMAP

ph0bYx
Staff Member
Staff Member

Re: Securing documents

Post by ph0bYx »

Go there yourself, make a presentation about how your product works and get out. Everything else is quite easy to crack/evade to my knowledge.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

there is no way to make copying impossible. the best way to at least annoy the shit out of a potential copyright violator are huge watermarks across every page in pdf format. everything else is pointless, because if you can view it you can copy it....and if it's by a screenshot. :wink:

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

BB is right - convert the doc to a screen shot/photo. you cannot cut and paste, edit a photo as well as .pdf, docx, etc.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.