Looking for a VPN into to China not HK

For beginners, flames not allowed...(just by the staff :P)
dconex
forum buddy
forum buddy

Looking for a VPN into to China not HK

Post by dconex »

Lots of talk here about a VPN and good ones. Has anyone managed to get a reliable VPN inside China and not had all their activity monitored by heavy log collecting. Primarily Im looking to get two way access for the some file sharing and personal; access for friends to get a bit of reality and freedom

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Re: Looking for a VPN into to China not HK

Post by bad_brain »

a vpn IN china? wouldn't that be the opposite of what a vpn is for? having it in a country that is NOT monitoring every step? or do you mean "that can be used from within china"? :-k

dconex
forum buddy
forum buddy

Post by dconex »

Yes its to come out. Two friends working over their with little tech knowledge cant get private messages out and access to their usual sites, even their own for some reason. They also want to send back pictures of their travels and work that they dont want monitored. Not publicity stuff but private.

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

I would recommend Tor for that purpose (Don't use it to login to sites without HTTPS).

Code: Select all

https://www.torproject.org/
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

hm, I will contact my vpn provider and ask if they can tell if it works with China too or if they are maybe blocked.

Ra1ncl0ud
forum buddy
forum buddy

Post by Ra1ncl0ud »

Im not sure that tor would fully work in that case, because tor is either partially or totally blocked be the GFC (Great Firewall of China) or if your'e a bit tech savy (or not) and have a decent bandwidth you can create your own vpn which they can connect to (tutorials on the internet Goooogle it) besides that I ..... would look for a vpn provider that isn't blocked by china (yet, fingers crossed :wink: )

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

Ra1ncl0ud wrote:Im not sure that tor would fully work in that case, because tor is either partially or totally blocked be the GFC (Great Firewall of China) or if your'e a bit tech savy (or not) and have a decent bandwidth you can create your own vpn which they can connect to (tutorials on the internet Goooogle it) besides that I ..... would look for a vpn provider that isn't blocked by china (yet, fingers crossed :wink: )

Indeed, but might be worth a shot ^^
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

Ra1ncl0ud
forum buddy
forum buddy

Post by Ra1ncl0ud »

true , you might just get lucky ...might ... :wink:

dconex
forum buddy
forum buddy

Post by dconex »

Thanks for the help on this any point to contact and get it running would be good

Tada

DC