Linux and RAID

Don´t be shy, Linux is fun! =)
bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Re: Linux and RAID

Post by bad_brain »

oops, you are right. in the old versions <Squeeze it was MAIL_TO, now it's MAILADDR. :)

I thought about using apticron earlier, but on at least 2 servers I have websites that were actually made for PHP4 and I had to do a lot of hacks to make them work with PHP5....so whenever a PHP update is released I have to test those sites locally first (and edit the code if needed) before doing the update on the productive servers.
automatic updates could lead to unwanted customer mails and to fix PHP incompatibilities in a hurry is SUCH a pain in the rear..... :lol:
I could of course do apt pinning and exclude PHP from automatic updates, but I check for updates manually almost every day anyway.

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

bad_brain wrote:oops, you are right. in the old versions <Squeeze it was MAIL_TO, now it's MAILADDR. :)

I thought about using apticron earlier, but on at least 2 servers I have websites that were actually made for PHP4 and I had to do a lot of hacks to make them work with PHP5....so whenever a PHP update is released I have to test those sites locally first (and edit the code if needed) before doing the update on the productive servers.
automatic updates could lead to unwanted customer mails and to fix PHP incompatibilities in a hurry is SUCH a pain in the rear..... :lol:
I could of course do apt pinning and exclude PHP from automatic updates, but I check for updates manually almost every day anyway.

Oh alright :)

I think it's neat, that it send me an email and just tells me that "hey, you have some updates", and then doesn't do the actual upgrade and let's me do it when I feel like it :)
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

oh, didn't knew it has an "notification only" mode....might check it out then... :)

maboroshi
Dr. Mab
Dr. Mab

Post by maboroshi »

Nice work gentlemen :-)