About your favorite games!
Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

So i beat dishonored...

Post by Gogeta70 »

First off, this game is INCREDIBLE!

I just finished my first playthrough - it took me only 2 days :P

Anyway, this is one of the best games i've played in a long time. The game is actually kind of difficult, you have to figure some things out for yourself, and the enemies can be pretty tough. I really liked how they provided multiple paths and different ways to complete your objectives in each mission. Also, the world is really... amazing. I'm not sure how to describe it, but they did very well in designing it for sure. Everything is very artistic and fits together well. Many of the characters are unique (except the guards, they have little variation in their looks for obvious reasons).

Well anyway, just wanted to let you guys know how the game was. ^_^
I'm gonna do another play-through on a harder difficulty, so i'll see about uploading a gameplay video for you guys.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

ayu
Staff
Staff

Re: So i beat dishonored...

Post by ayu »

Sounds awesome :D

Do you know if it works well on Linux?

According to winehq it should :D

Code: Select all

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?bShowAll=true&bIsQueue=false&bIsRejected=false&sClass=version&sTitle=&sReturnTo=&iId=26804
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

No idea if it works on linux... i hope it does though, i bet you'd really like it. ^_^

lilrofl
Siliconoclast
Siliconoclast

Post by lilrofl »

I've been waiting for some spare time to play this game, it looks amazing... sort of Thief meets Tenchu. Glad to hear it was incredible... I may have ditch work on Friday to give it a run.
knuffeltjes voor mijn knuffel
[img]http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac320/stuphsack/Sig.jpg[/img]

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

Yeah, it's definitely worth missing a day of work ^_^

I've got the video made, but youtube won't let me upload it unless i give them my cell number, so i'm looking for a different video host at the moment. I'll upload it soon...

The video is of me playing the first mission in the game after you escape the prison (i didn't want to spoil the beginning) so it's a good example of the game dynamics.

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

Eugh... i've uploaded the video again now, after encoding it in a higher quality (890MB file lol) but it still came out kinda shitty. Oh well, here you go:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Stavros
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post by Stavros »

I guess I'll be the asshole to shit on everyone's parade. I enjoyed it for what it was, but as far as execution it leaves a lot to be desired. I think this article best articulates why I think it was too casualized.

http://www.gatheryourparty.com/articles ... -gameplay/

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

I agree with a lot of points in that article.

I really appreciate the game mechanics (spells & stealth) and the story line, though it was a little weak at the end. I've played through the game twice now and it is pretty easy, though i haven't done a full stealth playthrough yet.

Overall, the game was entertaining, it introduced some new concepts and ideas that i've never seen before, and the choices that the game does give you does give it some variation. One thing that disappointed me a bit was that i was expecting a little more of an RPG element to the game: more of an open world (not completely sandbox though), and more variation in weapons, armor and such.

Then again, maybe it is a shitty game an i'm just easily entertained :lol:

Stavros
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post by Stavros »

Also found this. Talks about story:

http://www.gatheryourparty.com/articles ... nored-meh/

If your'e wanting something more of an RPG where virtually every decision matters (as long as you can overlook some rather glaring gameplay issues like pistols being overpowered compared to rifles and SMGs) then Alpha Protocol is a game you should play at least once. And if you do don't do the Russian boss first. Brayko is a son of a bitch.

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

I think he's a little harsh in that article. I personally found the story enjoyable, even if some points were a bit predictable. Perhaps it's a matter of personal taste or preference. I do agree they could have intertwined your decisions and the side plots a bit better with the main story to give the game a more dynamic ending.

Both endings i've seen (one where i only killed a few, and one where i killed everybody) were very similar, mainly just little changes in character dialogue and such. When playing dishonored, i tried to put myself in the shoes of the character i was playing, corvo. For me, this made the game feel more real - and the game world and storyline really flowed pretty well because of that i think.

All in all, i really enjoyed the game. Even with all of it's flaws, it brought a lot to the table.

Edit: Oh, and i'll check out alpha protocol - sounds interesting ^_^