What did you do this week?

...let us know what you think, free speech!
floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

What did you do this week?

Post by floodhound2 »

I made another multi-layer, mixed signal circuit board this week. I have engineered 16 PCBs this year! That is a new record for me and a new level of exhaustion I have went through.

So what are you all working on this week?
₣£ΘΘĐĦΘŮŇĐ

maboroshi
Dr. Mab
Dr. Mab

Re: What did you do this week?

Post by maboroshi »

Nice :-)

Was writing a server in Qt/C++ for the suck-o chess game but I think Gogeta wants to take that part over. Also as a challenge rewrote it in Python (not much of a challenge) I also looked into Multi Core Programming. Formatted my PC (again) made some music

Updated a wordpress site for a client/friend.

Most my time was spent coding in C++ this week though.

:-)

ph0bYx
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by ph0bYx »

Quite productive weeks you guys have had. When I think about my week (in comparison) I feel like crying. But no worries, the week is not over just yet, I'll catch up with you guys in the following days! :)

Also, genius topic! This can always give me the extra push to start working on something.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

phew...what did I do? erm... :lol:

- started redoing our company website together with mab
- negotiations with a new customer
- almost going mental while fixing a website for another customer (5 hours of looking for ways to make it work in the really really horrible source code, in the end the problem was in the webserver settings)
- a bit of gaming (still Borderlands 2)
- a bit of biking (more today, YES!)

pretty normal week for me.... :)

z3r0aCc3Ss
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by z3r0aCc3Ss »

It looks like all of you have had a wonderful week...
I did nothing, it seems... #-o

- Was busy in exams the entire week. Just solved each 30 marks of paper out of 100.
- Masturbation
- Some sex
- Just made a simple software in C#.NET
- Made a journal of JSP, Servlets, ASP.NET and C#.NET. It was made up of useless and shitty programs (needed by my university though).

FREAK>>> [-o<
Dats it???

Take me away my god... :cry:

Lets say: Next week will bring me some more life... HUHHHH
Beta tester for major RATs, all kinds of stealers and keyloggers.
Learning NMAP

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

Wow,

Sounds like we are some busy fools. Well some more than others but that is not the point. Heck if I could have it my way I would just sit for a week and think of nothing.

Mabs I got to hear more of your tunes. As a guitar player I enjoy listing to others music.
Pho - Please dont catch up! I think relaxation is key and need some myself - enjoy that shit!
BB - you know working on patchy code is as fun as it gets - lols thats not work is it?
z3r0aCc3Ss - masturbation is work too, not so much as sex but its a job that has to be done.

Great responses so far. Next week will be here soon lets see what comes of it. You all have a great weekend!
₣£ΘΘĐĦΘŮŇĐ

maboroshi
Dr. Mab
Dr. Mab

Post by maboroshi »

Hey Flood You definitely will soon

I am going to be working on a Wordpress site for my music. Ebrizzlez will do so for his as well :-)

Anyway I haven't produced to much stuff maybe 8 or 9 songs in all. Some songs vanished as well.

But yea I am starting to get better and better

*cheers

Edit * here is my soundcloud site http://soundcloud.com/zeromind

Edit 2* Here are my two latest tracks (the same track just one has a faster BPM)

http://soundcloud.com/zeromind/entering-insanity-slower

http://soundcloud.com/zeromind/entering-insanity-faster

Mabo

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

not much

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

damn....I think I just came a little.

P.S. because of the rifle. :lol:

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Post by computathug »

I visited 5 of the villages that i have set up studies in teaching between 40 and 70 students per class in Indonesia. I also did my second class in a real school which i now have a permanent spot for as long as i can stay for. In Indonesia only elementary school is compulsory as here education is not free so for the last 8 months i have been going round teaching English in the hope that i can help encourage the students to learn harder and faster and hopefully also help them get sponsors for Junior High school. Here is a pic of the class in school that i now teach.

Here is a pic of one of the villages i have set up class....

I also had the pleasure of going to a school to talk about why education is important and how it can affect their futures. I met a teacher who has set up a social school and who himself is a retired physics teacher but now teachers English as his hobby. The gentleman in question is now 75 years old, you would never have guessed from talking or looking at him.

Apart from that i have been working on a website for a client that has a centre to treat people with cancer, i am also constantly working on SEO and the cancer site is now number one for 'natural cancer health care' on google and if you search for 'free social schools Bali' you will see with youtube and facebook along with the website i am now numbers 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,10 on the search results. I am also now number 5 on page 2 for 'cancer health care' out of 644,000,000 results.

I do manage to sleep sometimes ](*,)
The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose.
-- William Shakespeare, "The Merchant of Venice"
https://tshirt-memes.com

Lundis
Distorter of Reality
Distorter of Reality

Post by Lundis »

Last week I coded my first usable MCU project. I put 16 LEDs in a wizard hat and made a couple of animation patterns for Halloween. Unfortunately I dont have a camera, so I've got no pics of the interesting stuff, but here's one where I'm using it...

It took me about 4 days to make it, and after day 3 my MCU (attiny2313) died and I didnt have an extra so I had to port it to another (atmega8) in the middle of the night... Total cost maybe 3€ :)

I'm uploading the code if anyone wanna see it. I use a timer to achieve 2-channel software PWM. I was in a real hurry, so the code isn't commented (or the comments are outdated lol). I last edited it an hour before the Halloween party started... The effects were rather unrefined and I also had some buggy flickering that was noticeable on slower effects :D

This week I ordered an ARM dev board, when it arrives I'm gonna start interfacing a bunch of hardware (IDE, ethernet, SD cards etc) and eventually combine it all into a computer and an OS to run on it. If I ever get past my usual procrastination, that is... :D

Code: Select all

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261059242475?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
Floodie, what programs do you use to design PCBs? Your pic look rather fancy... xD
Attachments
main.zip
(2.03 KiB) Downloaded 144 times

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

Lundis,

How do you like the atmeg? Is the learning curve steep?

I use national instruments multisims 10. If you want I can see about getting you a copy. It's buggy unless you have a good machine to run it on. It has all the stuff, 3d models, schematic layout,autorouter, PCBs layout, and SPICE.

I need to check out this code.
₣£ΘΘĐĦΘŮŇĐ

ph0bYx
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by ph0bYx »

WEEK #45:

So my lazy week turned out to be productive at the end of it, I did have only a few days to make my week right so I did the most of it.

Migration to Linux. I wiped my whole drive clean and installed Debian Squeeze on it, and just that, no dual-boot no trace of Windows to be found there. Took me quite a while to get it all set up as the way it was from the time I used it in dual-boot with Windows XP. Now I'm pretty happy that I'm 100% Linux! :)
I did this once before but I needed some programs for my college projects and emulating it on Linux was a pain so I went for the easy solution (more time consuming one too) and reinstalled Windows. This time I'm setting up everything I'm going to need for working under Linux including all the functions that I used in Windows. If the alternative programs for the Windows programs and Wine fail me I've set up a Virtual Box Windows as a last resort (probably gonna use it for graphics design and install Photoshop on it, I did it before and it did work quite well).

Started working on my final college project. I've picked Linux web server as a topic. Set up Apache2, MySQL, PHP5 and phpMyAdmin - the basic stuff, gonna go for other possible things if needed. Did that last night so no more progress on that front, I've scheduled it for today though.

Programming environment. Since I'm almost done with my college I'm going to have a lot of free time (I doubt I'm going to find a real job anytime soon) so I'm going to start working on my programming skills. From my past experience I know that the programming languages won't be any problem to grasp, the problem will be ideas to work on so I'm planning to work on anything that pops in my head and start from there.
I've setup CodeBlocks, Eclipse, Qt Creator and Android SDK (plugins for it are downloading as I type).

Local IT associations. We're planning on making an online IT contest for the locals to try and improve the state of IT here at least a little bit (a little bit for every project we do for that matter). The contest is about the basics of the basics in IT - word, excel, powerpoint, graphics design, access, a little bit of programming - IT all-round. For the last set of problems we're going to use the problem from the previous country IT Olympics and see if we have enough kids to send for the qualifiers in our capital. The biggest problem we face here is that there just isn't enough people interested in this kind of work and IT in general, the ones that are are hiding in their caves but we'll get to them eventually. Another problem is the lack of sponsorship, we virtually have no money to give out prizes for winners of contests but we're working on it as well.
A couple of friends of mine expressed their interest in graphics design and web development so I'm thinking on include them in making a simple single page for the contest, will have to brush up my web development knowledge, it would suck if they learn more than their mentor :D
Oh, and I did finished our website this week so I guess I get bragging rights for that also: http://lan-livno.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It's a simple website made in Wordpress, needs detail polishing but it's mostly done. For the v2 I'm hoping to find local beginners in web dev and form a team to do a website from scratch, that'd be awesome!

Startup Weekend is doing a weekend workshop in our capital the next weekend and it would be super awesome to go there, a friend of mind and I are working out the details, hopefully we'll be able to participate. More info on it here: http://sarajevo.startupweekend.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That's pretty much it, Android plugins are downloaded, back to work now :)
I'm going to leave you with this entrepreneur movie trailer: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; can't wait to watch it! :D
See you next week!

Lundis
Distorter of Reality
Distorter of Reality

Post by Lundis »

The atmega was pretty easy to work with, but it felt cheaper than the attiny... Although it had more "raw power". But considering I only had a vague idea about how timers and interrupts and all that MCU stuff works it was pretty simple to get stuff up and running. I'm definitely interested in a copy of that über 1337 design program... I see there's a trial on their site... I will check it out when I have time. :)

I think this thread is a great idea... Why dont we sticky it and tell each other what we do every week..? There's a lot of small things I do at least that dont really deserve a thread of their own :D

ph0bYx
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by ph0bYx »

Good idea! Thread stickyfied! :D