What did you do this week?

...let us know what you think, free speech!
ph0bYx
Staff Member
Staff Member

Re: What did you do this week?

Post by ph0bYx »

good luck!

ph0bYx
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by ph0bYx »

Was working on a web site/app side-project that I'm working on with a friend. Went to the movies to see Gentlemen, a great movie, recommended! *thumb*
Other than that it's normal work-home stuff.
Got a new blender so I'm mixing up stuff now :)

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

dude, you need to check those recipes, especially the avocado/banana/ginger one is SO yummy....making them regularly especially in summer, only purpose of my blender... :lol:

[youtube][/youtube]

my week been a little rough, besides the usual work madness I had one of those "will take 30 minutes tops" tasks that end with going to bed at 4am being totally annoyed.
was all about adding a simple button in a nav menu, but then weird things happened like all images being gone, error 500's without any log entry and so on...figured it out today luckily (not the actual problem, just found a workaround).
weather is supposed to get better, so hopefully a full blown bike ride of at least 5 hours on the weekend...I need it... :lol:

Stavros
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post by Stavros »

I'm trying to re-learn C# and start learning Xamarin. Goal is a weight lifting app. I've used a some but none of them are as flexible as I like (Strong, Personal Training Coach). Don't know how far I'll get. May be one of those projects that gets started and quickly falls off. Hoping my boss approves Pluralsight training so I can take advantage of it. Got a couple classes off Udemy, but quality is hit or miss. Used Pluralsight last year for training before things busy (and I wasn't taking my laptop to work). Will definitely take advantage of it this year.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

phew...what a week so far. :o

lots of extra work after moving client sites to new servers which also means from PHP 5.6 to 7.3.
broken plugins or themes, all kinds of "um, what?" errors, my favorite one so far: after doing a minor css change to make a button blue, and then saving the changes through the theme backend, images placed by using the visual composer are not displayed on the site anymore (they are in visual composer though).

at the same time I pay the price for my hippie-like time management strategy again and have to finish a huge task in the last days before the deadline... :roll:

oh, and we had a nice storm over germany, it ripped off some kind of cover for a roof window so water been dripping in all night...the sound of flowing water in a river can be relaxing, the sound of water dripping on towels spread over your carpet: not that much... :lol: