Weed is legal in my state!

...let us know what you think, free speech!
floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Weed is legal in my state!

Post by floodhound2 »

I never imagined that I would see this happen in my life time, but weed is legal in my state! I am so excited about this, can you imagine, I have just been given more freedom. Any law that is removed is a victory in my book. Hate to say it but, "go liberals" especially on this one. Oh and ill buy if anyone wants to visit this great state.
₣£ΘΘĐĦΘŮŇĐ

ph0bYx
Staff Member
Staff Member

Re: Weed is legal in my state!

Post by ph0bYx »

Wait, is it legalized so that anybody can use it, or is it as a form of relief program?

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

As long as a person does not have over an once on them, then its legal. *thumb*
₣£ΘΘĐĦΘŮŇĐ

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

well, I hope it works out better than it did here in the Netherlands and Switzerland. this is of course not really related to people like you floodie, people that are stable, old enough, and smart enough.....but it does to the younger ones:
the legalization in those countries lead to floods of drug tourists. and well, especially the younger ones are mostly not "weed only", so it also attracted floods of dealers with the hard stuff selling their shit on the streets. loads of violence, ODs and so on. the Netherlands had to admit this experiment was a total failure, so new shops aren't allowed to open anymore (while the existing ones are very closely monitored and shut down on the slightest offense), and only citizens are allowed to buy anymore...no foreigners (which is totally silly because it only leads to more dealing on the streets).
in Switzerland it was legal too....well...not really. they sold it as "herbal cushions" and of course you were not allowed to open the cushions and smoke it. :lol:
but the same thing there: drug tourists en masse. afaik they totally banned it now.

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

Wow I never knew this. So bb how old do you have to be to purchase a bag of weed?

Here in WA a lot of people already smoke weed so making it legal probably wont change much. Our state is in desperate need of cash so taxing a product that they can't stop people from buying is a win win in my opinion. People have to be 21 years old to purchase weed.
₣£ΘΘĐĦΘŮŇĐ

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

umm...never been in the Netherlands, but I guess 18. smuggling it to Germany is only for danger freaks anyway, lots of controls (including sniffing dogs) in the trains and right after the border. been ages since I had my last smoke... :wink:

lilrofl
Siliconoclast
Siliconoclast

Post by lilrofl »

Weed has been decriminalized in California for a while now, and enforcement of possession of an ounce or less has been relegated to the lowest priority. Its sill federally illegal though so there are federal raids on smoke shops from time to time.

I didn't see Washington being the second state to legalize for recreational use... but I am totally for it; the tax revenue from medical use smoke shops speaks for itself.

It should be noted that to get a medical use card in California is irritatingly easy (I say this because I am allergic to cannabis, and every time I see a doctor for joint pain he wants to, "start me off with some marijuana and revisit in a few months")
knuffeltjes voor mijn knuffel
[img]http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac320/stuphsack/Sig.jpg[/img]

ph0bYx
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by ph0bYx »

When the tobacco companies find a way to make large sums of money of weed it's going to be legalized everywhere.

lilrofl
Siliconoclast
Siliconoclast

Post by lilrofl »

ph0bYx wrote:When the tobacco companies find a way to make large sums of money of weed it's going to be legalized everywhere.
I wouldn't think Tobacco companies would have any trouble at all devoting some of their vast farmland and agricultural infrastructure to cannabis growth, more then likely they have been waiting for years to do it :D
knuffeltjes voor mijn knuffel
[img]http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac320/stuphsack/Sig.jpg[/img]

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

Well it will be interesting to see how this develops. The law was passed but we already have the Sheriff stating that he does not have resources to uphold the new aw, well last time I checked it was now legal. Then the state government needs to figure out how to move around the FEDs but I think Obama signed some legislation to leave pot people alone (loosely speaking). So FED involvement might be limited - who knows.
₣£ΘΘĐĦΘŮŇĐ

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

yea interesting news - well if you want to grow - i already learned how under the michigan medical marijuana program ; )

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Post by computathug »

DNR wrote:yea interesting news - well if you want to grow - i already learned how under the michigan medical marijuana program ; )

DNR
I learned with the UK Underground program :lol:
The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose.
-- William Shakespeare, "The Merchant of Venice"
https://tshirt-memes.com

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

death penalty in Bali.... shudder ohhhh...

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

No I use to be a farmer back in the day. I am now retired and will simply be content with walking into a store and buying some smoke. I just want to see how people will react to this and I want to be able to smoke some green without being persecuted. *thumb*
₣£ΘΘĐĦΘŮŇĐ

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

better yet- make it your retirement plan - to be a farmer. It works for me.
Being a geek I learned to get 6-8 ounces from a single plant, using 2 600 watt HPS - I grow 2 -3 plants.

DNR
-