suck-o transfer finished

Announcements and for questions/problems..
bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

suck-o transfer finished

Post by bad_brain »

as you have noticed suck-o was kinda offline for some hours today, as announced on the index page, IRC and twitter I have transferred the site to my new server.
the main reasons for the transfer are the higher amount of resources on the new server (more RAM, more CPU cores, bigger and faster HDDs) and the fact that the OS and other underlying services are fully up to date now (updating everything on the old server would have been a pain in the rear).

there are a few things left to fix, like the wiki (cats? could you take a look at that one?), and if someone stumbles over a bug please report it.

for the IRC users
if logged in please re-connect, I will shut down the old service in a few days.
you have to re-register your nicknames!
I decided to make a full new clean install from source, and I also decided to pick another application for the services, so I couldn't take the old data to the new server. global operator levels are still valid though, so opers can feel free to grant access levels to the others.

erm...I think that's it for now. :-k

ayu
Staff
Staff

Re: suck-o transfer finished

Post by ayu »

Yeah I can take a look in a week or so :)

Need to get back home first ^^
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

ph0bYx
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by ph0bYx »

cats what you need to do is take pictures! :D

bb is the site on the new server you've been working on lately? :)

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

alright mr. cats! I am pretty lost with that wiki site, the links went away for some odd reason.... :-s

and nope ph0, that one is my home server, the one suck-o is on now is the badass one me and mab got a while ago... :wink:

P.S. is it just me or is the site loading damn fast now? :D

ph0bYx
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by ph0bYx »

Yup, it's pretty fast! :)

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

bad_brain wrote:alright mr. cats! I am pretty lost with that wiki site, the links went away for some odd reason.... :-s

and nope ph0, that one is my home server, the one suck-o is on now is the badass one me and mab got a while ago... :wink:

P.S. is it just me or is the site loading damn fast now? :D
Yeah it's fast as shizzle! :D

Loving the new IRC btw.
I took the opportunity to update my weechat client on my server and update all the configs for the server (nickserv commands etc, client side).
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

I really like the itk module, it's still a bit experimental, but works really fast....it kinda mixes the PHP compatibility of prefork and the security of worker... :D
and ok, 4 times the amount of CPU cores and RAM compared to the old server might also have an effect... :lol:

yep, compiled both (irc and service) from source, so it's all the latest versions. and sure, feel free to make yourself comfy on the new server... :D

P.S. fixed the "who is on IRC block", it wasn't working anymore after switching it to the new IRC server and needed some PHP version related adjustments.