being on google: 75 bucks a year! XD

Fight back! So don't expect to find lame "fake login screens" or similar stuff here.
bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

being on google: 75 bucks a year! XD

Post by bad_brain »

now this spam mail I received last night was too hilarious for being not shared:
Attn: -
As a courtesy to domain name holders, we are sending you this notification for your business Domain name search engine registration. This letter is to inform you that it's time to send in your registration and save.

Failure to complete your Domain name search engine registration by the expiration date may result in cancellation of this offer making it difficult for your customers to locate you on the web.
[ ] 1 year   08/02/2013 - 08/02/2014 $75.00
[ ] 2 year   08/02/2013 - 08/02/2015 $119.00
[ ] 5 year   08/02/2013 - 08/02/2018 $199.00
[ ] 10 year -Most Recommended- 08/02/2013 - 08/02/2023 $295.00
[ ] Lifetime (NEW!) Limited time offer - Best value! Lifetime $499.00
damn, they obviously bought google... 8O :lol:

reparto
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Re: being on google: 75 bucks a year! XD

Post by reparto »

The worst thing is that this could actually happen. Executives have been drooling over charging webmasters for allowing their domain in their search engine.

The other worst thing is that people actually send them money.
Selling invisible pets:
Dogs - 0.5 Bitcoins
Cats - 0.7 Bitcoins
Unicorns - 10 Bitcoins
Chimpanzee - 2 Bitcoins

PM me if you are interested, will ship via priority airmail, will accept escrow services

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

hm, at least with google it would not be that simple, because they also live a lot from the whole context like ads. with a "pay for search engine presence" strategy they would maybe make a lot of bucks first, but in the long run it would be catastrophic for advertising deals because a lot of sites would disappear which would also cause a huge decrease in general visitor traffic and ad impressions.
what would be possible, even likely, is that they start to sell increased search engine rankings bundled with google apps...which would target businesses as customers. :-k

reparto

Post by reparto »

There has also been concerns that ISPs will charge on a per website basis, considering how much traffic goes solely to social media I can see this happening in one way or another. But there will always be an ISP for the hardcore so it should ok.

(Note to self, keep pestering the only UK ISP that provides gigabit to put their fibre in my street :D )
Selling invisible pets:
Dogs - 0.5 Bitcoins
Cats - 0.7 Bitcoins
Unicorns - 10 Bitcoins
Chimpanzee - 2 Bitcoins

PM me if you are interested, will ship via priority airmail, will accept escrow services

lilrofl
Siliconoclast
Siliconoclast

Post by lilrofl »

Short and sweet... and not too unbelievable, except you are right that Google is an ad machine and wouldn't want to alienate their profit base I think. It would be like 1980's or early 90's search engines all over again lol.
knuffeltjes voor mijn knuffel
[img]http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac320/stuphsack/Sig.jpg[/img]