My work with reverse vending machines

No explicit questions like "how do I hack xxx.com" please!
ayu
Staff
Staff

My work with reverse vending machines

Post by ayu »

I have been working on and off on this project, and have tried to get in contact with the company that makes these machines.
They answered me at first, but now they have started ignoring me after I told them about the security issues in their machines.

Hope that someone here finds it interesting :)

http://blog.alcor.se/index.php/2013/08/ ... -machines/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Re: My work with reverse vending machines

Post by bad_brain »

sweet... :D
is that also the reason why you have been trying to create a barcode lately? 8)

I had a good laugh at the bank today, as every couple of weeks I went there to get rid of the loads of change (I always pay with notes, then put the change into a bag, good way to save some money)....and well, you surely know those money counting machines that add the money right to your bank account (not just counting it). the lady before eperienced some technical problems with it, so the tech guy came and restarted it....Windows 7. :lol:
sadly I didn't had my phone with me, else I would have taken a pic.

ayu
Staff
Staff

Re: My work with reverse vending machines

Post by ayu »

bad_brain wrote:sweet... :D
is that also the reason why you have been trying to create a barcode lately? 8)
Yup ;)
bad_brain wrote: I had a good laugh at the bank today, as every couple of weeks I went there to get rid of the loads of change (I always pay with notes, then put the change into a bag, good way to save some money)....and well, you surely know those money counting machines that add the money right to your bank account (not just counting it). the lady before eperienced some technical problems with it, so the tech guy came and restarted it....Windows 7. :lol:
sadly I didn't had my phone with me, else I would have taken a pic.

haha, typical XD

Yeah loads of those machines use Windows for some reason.
Feels like a waste when a simple embedded Linux system could have become so much cheaper :S
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"