Bypassing Amazon's US billing address requirements

...let us know what you think, free speech!
reparto
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Bypassing Amazon's US billing address requirements

Post by reparto »

I want to buy digital download copies of games from Amazon US (Its a lot cheaper :D ) but they require a U.S. address to buy it.

Any ideas for getting around this? I was thinking on maybe using a virtual debit card or maybe try getting a P.O. Box in the US and just pay with my own card.
Selling invisible pets:
Dogs - 0.5 Bitcoins
Cats - 0.7 Bitcoins
Unicorns - 10 Bitcoins
Chimpanzee - 2 Bitcoins

PM me if you are interested, will ship via priority airmail, will accept escrow services

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Re: Bypassing Amazon's US billing address requirements

Post by bad_brain »

hmm...I am not sure if a POB would work, is amazon accepting one as address when registering? you could try to set up an account with fully bogus US address data and then see if it accepts your CC for payment...or create a wishlist for that fake account and then buy it as present through your regular account (the question is what country applies then for the product prices though).

I also had that problem already, my solution was simply to ask friends in the USA to buy it for me.

reparto

Post by reparto »

I asked one of those international shipping address companies (they give you a U.S. address and forward any mail overseas) and they said i should be able to get away with using my card and their address to buy digital goods on amazon if not they said to find a U.S. issued prepaid debit card and then Amazon would have to bow down to my awesomeness :lol:
Selling invisible pets:
Dogs - 0.5 Bitcoins
Cats - 0.7 Bitcoins
Unicorns - 10 Bitcoins
Chimpanzee - 2 Bitcoins

PM me if you are interested, will ship via priority airmail, will accept escrow services

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

oh, if you know a decent company could you maybe link it? would be interested in the conditions and fees... :-k

maboroshi
Dr. Mab
Dr. Mab

Post by maboroshi »

Same I would like to know this as well. From my experience the shipping address is what causes the system to hold.

Amazon.ca is essentially double the price if not triple at times. I am not sure how they justify this. US to CAD is not much of a difference anymore :-)

reparto

Post by reparto »

I asked a friend from Hong Kong and he said most people who need to buy stuff from the U.S. use http://www.borderlinx.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; but they are stopping their services. I did a search of borderlinx and they seem to use http://www.comgateway.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I also found a LONG thread on Hardwarezone Singapore where people have been discussing how they buy and sell hardware overseas.
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/ratin ... 2-159.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It seems most of the service providers are just reselling from someone else.

For my purposes comgateway should be fine since its a digital good and so I dont have to worry about it not arriving (famous last words :D).

If you want physical goods you have to take into account customs and forwarding, it seems to be that most tech stuff is priced the same after the additional costs but I don't know how well the value is checked for by the forwarding company and customs because i could say a $300 SSD is some $20 CD or something
Selling invisible pets:
Dogs - 0.5 Bitcoins
Cats - 0.7 Bitcoins
Unicorns - 10 Bitcoins
Chimpanzee - 2 Bitcoins

reparto

Post by reparto »

UPDATE:
Just bought Bioshock 1 and 2 from Amazon.com for $5(£3) using http://www.comgateway.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The gave a generic looking US postal address and Amazon accepted it, I am still waiting to hear what my bank is going to say about it :P

Looks like gaming just cheaper *puts on cool looking shades*
Selling invisible pets:
Dogs - 0.5 Bitcoins
Cats - 0.7 Bitcoins
Unicorns - 10 Bitcoins
Chimpanzee - 2 Bitcoins