Need a general purpose RFID reader/writer

No explicit questions like "how do I hack xxx.com" please!
reparto
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Need a general purpose RFID reader/writer

Post by reparto »

My university ID card seems to work on RFID, and it seems to store an ID number correlating to the student so it seems I could just swap out numbers and then get access to restricted areas. There is also a magnetic strip which is used for the machining rooms and it seems they are writing permissions to the card, I know this because of the way the system works they have to write to your card to allow you through certain doors.

Anyway, I need an RFID reader/writer but the ones eBay have frequencies attached to them so I don't know if I need a specific one or if any device will do.
Selling invisible pets:
Dogs - 0.5 Bitcoins
Cats - 0.7 Bitcoins
Unicorns - 10 Bitcoins
Chimpanzee - 2 Bitcoins

PM me if you are interested, will ship via priority airmail, will accept escrow services

ayu
Staff
Staff

Re: Need a general purpose RFID reader/writer

Post by ayu »

I bought this one

Code: Select all

http://www.acs.com.hk/index.php?pid=product&id=ACR122U
You will have to try and figure out what kind of card it is, but mostly this one should be enough, and it's pretty cheap as well so.
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

reparto

Re: Need a general purpose RFID reader/writer

Post by reparto »

Right, put it on my buy list, can't wait to get this, just have to wait for rent and other stuff to be paid for first
Selling invisible pets:
Dogs - 0.5 Bitcoins
Cats - 0.7 Bitcoins
Unicorns - 10 Bitcoins
Chimpanzee - 2 Bitcoins

PM me if you are interested, will ship via priority airmail, will accept escrow services