oh, I am a moron...let's file a DMCA complaint!

...let us know what you think, free speech!
bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

oh, I am a moron...let's file a DMCA complaint!

Post by bad_brain »

no, not against suck-o...this time. :lol:
but against a site I am hosting, I thought I share this one because it shows how dumb people are and how superior they feel after googling for "how to file a DMCA complaint". :roll:

so here is the complaint:
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Dienstag, 24. September 2013 13:11
To: Abuse Mailbox
Subject: DMCA TAKE DOWN NOTICE

Re: Copyright Claim

I work for the company: WOCCHAT.COM

Our site has been penalized by Google because of duplicated content and specifically from domains within your control, as result of this we have lost 80% of our traffic. I have opened a line of communication with Google's WebSpam team and am working to clear the penalty, but we need to get this content taken down ASAP!

HOW THIS AFFECTS YOU?

We have isolated the pages causing our penalty which we need to have removed and there are some from sites within your control.

Where Exactly Are These Links And Content Which Need Removing?

Specifically the following pages which are most likely operated by the same person and located here:

http://freechatonline.beep.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://xxx.xxx/contributions/chatroulet ... inent/7593" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

On the following IPs:
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

I have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted materials described above as allegedly infringing is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law and is being hosted by 85-RIPE.

I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.

Kindest Regards
Justin Chafer
http://www.WOCCHAT.COM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
webmaster@usearchme.com
well...little fella Justin got me on the wrong foot today:
First of all, this DMCA complaint is invalid because it does not provide the "original" URL to the supposedly duplicate content.
Second, google "penalized" NOW for the supposedly duplicate content after MORE THAN 3 YEARS after the queried post was made (2010/08/26)?
Don't get me wrong, of course I would take down the content on any hosted website if it violates copyrights, but this complaint seems to have a frivolous nature. I did a full text search on google and it came up with NO other result for the content than the supposedly "duplicate" one. How is this supposed to make sense?
waiting for a reply from the server provider and best from law expert little Justin. :roll:

ayu
Staff
Staff

Re: oh, I am a moron...let's file a DMCA complaint!

Post by ayu »

haha, and their website is horrible : (
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

BOTH are horrible...wocchat and linkaudit. :-88

what really made me laugh the most is the totally incoherent blabbering together with the display of a total lack of IT knowledge. I mean, they obviously can't even do WHOIS lookups properly....what has the 2nd IP and that "beep" site to do with me or the owner of the site hosted by me? and what is the actual copyright infringing content? and why is he using an US law when none of the involved parties are US based, but then leaves the part with the US law paragraphs out when it comes to the "I swear" part? and what is google's "web spam team", and do they have helicopters?

spoke to my server provider earlier, just to make sure they will not cause any trouble....the reply was quite funny: "then we would have to sue every 2nd of our customers, we don't have time for that"... :lol:
I am really looking forward to any further contact from those idiots, it's such a pleasure to be extremely unfriendly in a professional way... :lol:

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

Do keep us updated! :D

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

b_b, PM

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

got it... 8)
and of course I will keep you guys informed, I love to share some good laughs... :lol: