cgminer with multiple asics

Infos, Mining, Trading
maboroshi
Dr. Mab
Dr. Mab

cgminer with multiple asics

Post by maboroshi »

Hey guys I have a couple questions I wished to ask. I have invested in these Bitcoin Miners

[youtube][/youtube]

and

[youtube][/youtube]

Will cgminer pick all the Asics I have by default or will I need to do any special configurations?

Another question is what would you guys recommend to keep the Block Erupter Blade off of the table?

Final question, given the power usage information on this web site http://www.asic-technologies.com/block-erupter-blades/
Power Consumption: 70-75W on 1.03-1.05V, 83W on 1.1V, 100W on 1.2V, 120W on 1.2V and overclocking
I would like to make sure I won't be overpowering or under powering the device given the spare Power Supply I have to use.

*cheers

:-)

ayu
Staff
Staff

Re: cgminer with multiple asics

Post by ayu »

maboroshi wrote: Will cgminer pick all the Asics I have by default or will I need to do any special configurations?
Yes cgminer will pick up devices in a certain order depending on what you have.
If you don't have a GPU, or have chosen to disable it with the --disable-gpu switch, cgminer will only use your CPUs.

If it can find any ASIC units, it will use all of them, and it will also use your GPUs if you haven't told it not to.

maboroshi wrote: Another question is what would you guys recommend to keep the Block Erupter Blade off of the table?
Like we discussed before, you can for example keep it in an old PC case, just for protection.
Or design your own :D

maboroshi wrote: Final question, given the power usage information on this web site http://www.asic-technologies.com/block-erupter-blades/

Power Consumption: 70-75W on 1.03-1.05V, 83W on 1.1V, 100W on 1.2V, 120W on 1.2V and overclocking

I would like to make sure I won't be overpowering or under powering the device given the spare Power Supply I have to use.
Well, judging from the description, this one is not a simple "plug and play" and might require some fine tuning once you get it.
I recommend that you wait a bit and then see if you can find some "getting started" guide in some related forum.
Or if you contact the manufacturer and see if they have any recommendation for getting started with it.
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

maboroshi
Dr. Mab
Dr. Mab

Re: cgminer with multiple asics

Post by maboroshi »

Well, judging from the description, this one is not a simple "plug and play" and might require some fine tuning once you get it.
I recommend that you wait a bit and then see if you can find some "getting started" guide in some related forum.
Hey Cats good advice, I have seen a few various guides on it. I just don't know how to read that power information. But for now I will assume it shouldn't be a problem.

The setup of the hardware shouldn't be to difficult should be just like building with Lego :-)

Will see when I get it though, hopefully it ships Monday or shortly after.