Developing medical/health website

All about creating websites!
z3r0aCc3Ss
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Developing medical/health website

Post by z3r0aCc3Ss »

I have got one project to develop a website for a medical clinic. It's a research center, and they do not want any dynamic content. It's more about informative website. So, I was thinking of going after WordPress. Can anyone suggest me good website templates?
Even simple HTML templates would be fine.

Also, I am charging them on hourly basis. What should be my rate? As this is my first freelancing project, I am thinking of charging them just $7 per hour. Is that too less?

I have been given approx 70 days for that, as I will only work maximum couple of hours per day. I am thinking of finishing it in just 1 month.
Beta tester for major RATs, all kinds of stealers and keyloggers.
Learning NMAP

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Re: Developing medical/health website

Post by bad_brain »

well, Wordpress would be good for that...it's actually good for a lot, as long as it doesn't contain forums or e-commerce (WP is very limited in that context).
$7/hour is of course very close to sweatshop level, but personally I am more a friend of per job prices (not per hour)....if they want just very basic content as you said per hour might not be a bad choice depending on how fast (or better slow :lol: ) you work and how much hours they accept.
as first project you can't poker too high anyway, better to do it cheap and build a good reputation at the start so you can aquire more customers.

picking a theme...oh well...hard to help you with that, there are SO many for WP.
but have a look here:
http://smthemes.com/category/medical/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

for a clinic a theme with lots of white is of course the best (imo) because it looks serious, that's why you also should avoid too much bling and effects. also make sure to pick a "responsive" theme to make it work and look well on mobile devices (it's usually announced as feature of a theme)....many customers expect that nowadays and you can sell it as extra feature if they don't.

:wink:

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Post by computathug »

I have done 2 medical clinic websites in WP for a client already, i will inbox you the links, if you have any questions feel free to ask.
The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose.
-- William Shakespeare, "The Merchant of Venice"
https://tshirt-memes.com

z3r0aCc3Ss

Post by z3r0aCc3Ss »

computathug wrote:I have done 2 medical clinic websites in WP for a client already, i will inbox you the links, if you have any questions feel free to ask.
Thank you so much friend. Nice references.

But the website I am developing is much content oriented. Any templates on content oriented websites?
Beta tester for major RATs, all kinds of stealers and keyloggers.
Learning NMAP