privacy fun

Fight back! So don't expect to find lame "fake login screens" or similar stuff here.
bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

privacy fun

Post by bad_brain »

some of you already know about my little personal "online anonymity" project, for the ones who don't:
I have cleaned the net from all entries about my real identity (ok, only exception is the suck-o boards of course), but there is one problem when you are doing that....you will end up with no search results about you, which means any new entry made by a 3rd party will instantly get a high search result ranking (which is especially annoying when you have a not-so-widely-used name like I do).
so, my strategy against this flaw was to create a lot of fake profiles wherever I could (even complete websites) with my REAL name but FALSE information. that way I am occupying the first 5 google pages for results about my name, and eventually appearing new entries about the real me would be very hard to sort out from all the wrong info.

what made me laugh today was that one of the biggest data sniffers on the net (mylife.com) profiled me now....I might have to contact them and inform them that they maybe shouldn't advertise THAT big anymore with "reliable results" on their page.

so yes: greetings from the USA to all of you...I have to go now, my CEO job at BMW is waiting... :lol:

I might write a "privacy howto" if anyone is interested.... :-k

ayu
Staff
Staff

Re: privacy fun

Post by ayu »

haha this is pretty brilliant x)
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

cwdykarn
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by cwdykarn »

thats just awesome =D>

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

the interesting part is that mylife.com seems to sniff around especially on Google+ profiles, while other services of that kind prefer Facebook profiles (like profileengine.com*).

* profileengine.com is pretty interesting for information retrieval btw (while mylife.com is mostly just a ripoff which spams the living hell out of you as soon as you have signed up).
if they have crawled your FB profile while your friendlist was public they will keep and display it forever, no matter if you restricted it later on your profile.

l0ngb1t
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by l0ngb1t »

my biggest regret is that i used facebook with my real name... and those data farmer keeps everything...
wise move B_B
There is an UNEQUAL amount of good and bad in most things, the trick is to work out the ratio and act accordingly. "The Jester"

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

well, I might appear more wise than I actually am.... :oops: :lol:

when I started this project there have been about 500 entries about me on google, mostly WHOIS data from domains that had been registered under my name. first I just wanted to get rid of the ones at the top of the search results and add some fake info about me, but well....it's kinda addictive...and personal. so when I decided trying to get rid of ALL info about me on google and replace EVERYTHING with fake info I didn't expected how hard it would get. in the end it took me a whole year and included things like the creation of a virtual attorney office in New York ("Max Goldfeld", he even had a website :lol: ) who sent highly official lawsuit threats to stubborn site owners (which worked quite well).

I also had a FB account with my real name for a while, I never felt comfy with it though so I created the a new one under an alias right in time before sites like profileengine had a chance to crawl it... [-o<

here are the removal requests done through just 1 (out of 3) google accounts I made, from those 196 requests 40 have been denied which meant extra work.
google only removes the results if the content on the actual sites has been removed already, so that's actually just the last step in the cleaning procedure:

l0ngb1t

Post by l0ngb1t »

you post some steps pr a howto :P
i'd do it.
There is an UNEQUAL amount of good and bad in most things, the trick is to work out the ratio and act accordingly. "The Jester"

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

will fiddle a howto together during the weekend... :)

maboroshi
Dr. Mab
Dr. Mab

Post by maboroshi »

How will I know who you are :-O Now you are just an imaginary clown who sits at the end of my bed. Who tells me to burn things :-)

j/k

Very neat! When people go to make a movie about you there won't be any info.

!!!!!!!andonemoreexclamationpoint!

*cheers

Mabs

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Post by computathug »

Nice work buddy, good going *thumb*
The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose.
-- William Shakespeare, "The Merchant of Venice"
https://tshirt-memes.com