BTC rates...holy crap.

Infos, Mining, Trading
ayu
Staff
Staff

Re: BTC rates...holy crap.

Post by ayu »

bad_brain wrote:yeah....what is it now? around 6600 €? and there were times when I had like 20 in my wallet... #-o
Yeah same ... I try not to think about it too much.
It's like winning the lottery, so meh ^^
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

Yeah, I wish I had been smarter with the Bitcoin I bought in the past :-({|=
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

z3r0aCc3Ss
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by z3r0aCc3Ss »

I did the stupid mistake, back in 2009-10, when BTC was around $0.67 or something. I didn't think through, and ignored it.
Now, repenting on my decision.
Beta tester for major RATs, all kinds of stealers and keyloggers.
Learning NMAP

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

I lost 4 BTC when MtGox went down : ).
And the week before BTC started going up to where it's right now, I sold what I had left (~2 BTC, for roughly 300 Euro a piece).

Buuut I'm mining again, and now have almost 3 BCH, so hoping I will be able to get something out of it : P

z3r0aCc3Ss

Post by z3r0aCc3Ss »

cats wrote:I lost 4 BTC when MtGox went down : ).
And the week before BTC started going up to where it's right now, I sold what I had left (~2 BTC, for roughly 300 Euro a piece).

Buuut I'm mining again, and now have almost 3 BCH, so hoping I will be able to get something out of it : P
Can you share your hardware config for mining?
Learning NMAP

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

z3r0aCc3Ss wrote:
cats wrote:I lost 4 BTC when MtGox went down : ).

Can you share your hardware config for mining?
Sure thing!

https://shop.bitmain.com/antminer_t9_as ... _miner.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I wanted to have more.
I have it placed in a separate room (Old room common in older Sweidsh houses called "grovkök". It's basically an extra room for the kitchen).
The room has a hole in the wall for ventilation where I take in cold air (currently -1 degrees Celsius).
The machine has been put in a box that I've built which has sound absorbing material on the inside.

Very much a "home hobby" type of setup, but it works! : )

z3r0aCc3Ss

Post by z3r0aCc3Ss »

Need some expert opinion.
Is it a good time to invest in BTC, even if the rates are high? Because as per the predictions, they're even going to touch $10K by first year of next year.

Also, how about BTC, ETC, ETH, LTC, and BCH? Which one will be quite a catch?
I don't have money to splurge. It's all about taking the right chances at the right time.

Please suggest.

EDIT: Building a mining machine is going to be outrageous, as I've recently built my gaming beast. Thus, investing in it.
Learning NMAP

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

z3r0aCc3Ss wrote:Need some expert opinion.
Is it a good time to invest in BTC, even if the rates are high? Because as per the predictions, they're even going to touch $10K by first year of next year.

Also, how about BTC, ETC, ETH, LTC, and BCH? Which one will be quite a catch?
I don't have money to splurge. It's all about taking the right chances at the right time.

Please suggest.

EDIT: Building a mining machine is going to be outrageous, as I've recently built my gaming beast. Thus, investing in it.

I have a bad history in investing (a lot of failed attempts), so you probably shouldn't listen to me :P.
I invest in Bitcoin Cash at the moment though, since I believe in the changes they've made when they forked.
So far it has gone up over 100% since I started.

From my experience it's very hard to know what to invest in, especially when it comes to crypto currency since it's so volatile.
I believe in it however, and it's a fun thing to play around with.
So if you have some money that it doesn't matter if you lose it, then go for it.
But don't go in expecting to get rich (as in don't spend any money you're not prepared to lose).

z3r0aCc3Ss

Post by z3r0aCc3Ss »

I'm observing a trend on cryptocompare and etoro about the BTC and BCH is that they are inversely proportional.

1) When BTC is climbing, BCH is declining.
2) When BTC is stagnant, BCH is slowly rising.
3) ETH seems to be unaffected by BTC or BCH, but it somewhat gets affected by increase in ETC.
4) When BCH heavily spiked in November mid, BTC dropped by 5%.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. Also, what are your thoughts on it?
Learning NMAP

z3r0aCc3Ss

Post by z3r0aCc3Ss »

Learning NMAP

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

z3r0aCc3Ss wrote:I'm observing a trend on cryptocompare and etoro about the BTC and BCH is that they are inversely proportional.

1) When BTC is climbing, BCH is declining.
2) When BTC is stagnant, BCH is slowly rising.
3) ETH seems to be unaffected by BTC or BCH, but it somewhat gets affected by increase in ETC.
4) When BCH heavily spiked in November mid, BTC dropped by 5%.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. Also, what are your thoughts on it?
I think the ups and downs have different causes, but most commonly it's because of the investors interest in the currencies go up and down.
Quite common that some rumour makes the price drop as well.

Your idea about BTC vs BCH is probably correct since when BTC has gone down recently it's often because investors are moving over to BCH, and vice versa.
Personally I will stay with BCH, for the simple reason that my miner can't mine much Bitcoin now anyway due to the high difficulty : P

PS: What did you mean by "Image"?

z3r0aCc3Ss

Post by z3r0aCc3Ss »

cats wrote: Personally I will stay with BCH, for the simple reason that my miner can't mine much Bitcoin now anyway due to the high difficulty : P

I had uploaded an image on imagehost, and tried to put there. But it just came as an "Image" instead.

You'll stay with BCH because you're mining it. I'm trading in BCH, so it's a concern for me. I think it's going to rise again in December mid, despite of BTC moving upward and I think it will defy the inverse proportional flow.
Learning NMAP

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

z3r0aCc3Ss wrote:
cats wrote: Personally I will stay with BCH, for the simple reason that my miner can't mine much Bitcoin now anyway due to the high difficulty : P

I had uploaded an image on imagehost, and tried to put there. But it just came as an "Image" instead.

You'll stay with BCH because you're mining it. I'm trading in BCH, so it's a concern for me. I think it's going to rise again in December mid, despite of BTC moving upward and I think it will defy the inverse proportional flow.

Well, two things I think are important:

1: The limitations of the Bitcoin network (that Bitcoin Cash is meant to solve, which is the reason I believe in BCH).
2: I'm currently having an odd issue with the Bitcoin Cash core client, where it gets stuck at 99.96% for over a week now (tried different solutions for this, nothing has worked yet).
If this is a lurking issue with the "fixes" that Bitcoin Cash has applied, I'm not sure.
But I will report back here again once I have solved that one.

z3r0aCc3Ss

Post by z3r0aCc3Ss »

I'm thinking of developing custom web app that can alert me (email and/or SMS) about rates of various cryptocurrencies in real-time as it's not possible to create multiple and customised alerts.

I'm thinking of using coinmarketcap and cryptocompare APIs. Shall post here as soon as I finish developing it.
Learning NMAP

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

z3r0aCc3Ss wrote:I'm thinking of developing custom web app that can alert me (email and/or SMS) about rates of various cryptocurrencies in real-time as it's not possible to create multiple and customised alerts.

I'm thinking of using coinmarketcap and cryptocompare APIs. Shall post here as soon as I finish developing it.
Cool!

For the record I solved my issue with BCH :P.
It was because they made a hard fork in mid November, so my client wouldn't sync passed that.
But now it works : )