ASRock releases BTC mining mainboards

Infos, Mining, Trading
bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

ASRock releases BTC mining mainboards

Post by bad_brain »

check this one gentlemen:

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/asrock ... 25092.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ayu
Staff
Staff

Re: ASRock releases BTC mining mainboards

Post by ayu »

Sweet : D

That would be pretty neat for a litecoin rig (Bitcoin, not so much).
I wonder how much they will cost, and where one could buy it.
I know that they sell Asrock boards in Sweden, at least their regular ones.
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Re: ASRock releases BTC mining mainboards

Post by bad_brain »

hm, I doubt they will be very expensive, I would say maybe around 250 at the start...I mean, for 400 you can get a dual CPU server board already.. :-k
but on the other hand: when jumping the BTC train they are surely out for money, so who knows... :lol:

I see one problem though: they followed the ATX form factor. that means you might have 6 sockets, but those are single slot sockets so when you use modern high performance cards you can just mount 3 of them....good single slot cards are at least very rare from what I have seen when looking for a new card in the last weeks.
it would have been much better if they would have doubled the space between the slots and maybe move the 5 lower ones more to the inside.....most people using such a board (for what it is supposed to) will use a big tower anyway, so there would be enough space for that, and there would be only the need for the 1st card to be accessible through the backplate... :-k